Boker Gulo and warranty question

hey there.

I recently grabbed a Boker Tree Brand Gulo and the knife is great. But there is metal shavings from machining, as well, grease around the bearing/pivot area.

I really am not allowed to take the knife apart to clean it without risking warranty?

It seems crazy to me and wonder if it’s more of a don’t ask don’t tell situation..

Well, basically we do not recommend to take a knife apart, because in many cases (and I´m not talking mainly about folks like you all here in the Forum, but more of the vast majority of non knife nuts out there) disassembling doesn´t make a knife better.

And of course, any damage caused by the disassembling is not covered by the warranty. But I wouldn´t go that far and talk about a genereal loss of the warranty,. just because the knife was disassembled once.

Okay that makes sense. The language used just seems so cut and dry, you know? I was just curious about all of that as I didn’t want completely cut off my warranty as this knife will be permanently in my collection. Thank you

Back