Boker Nicker

Anybody ever seen one of these? Nice stag handles and blade etch. Some people seem to think it is from the 1950s due to the etching on the reverse, but I've convinced myself I've seen this same etch on a 1990s pattern 015. The tree logo on the box - which I think is original - wasn't used until at least after the mid 1970s. What say ye?
IMG_5133.jpg

IMG_5135.jpg

Sorry, in this case, the research took a while.

This model was released end of the 70s, and was part of our standard model range for many years.
The damascene etching (not to be mixed up with Damascus steel, which is a whole different story of course) was a popular way of decorating blades to that time, and in the US, the demand for that lived longer than in Germany, where it was done only pretty rarely in the last decades (at least for the German market).

Thanks Marc,
I don't think any production knife maker has ever been able to do blade etching as well as H. Boker.

I h
Thanks Marc,
I don't think any production knife maker has ever been able to do blade etching as well as H. Boker.

I have the exact same one. It was given to me on my 10th birthday as it was to my dad on his 10th birthday which would have been in 1977.

Here are some images. It seems to be called “Nicker” but Id be very interested to know an actual model name/number.

Back