Boker Raphael Durand Knives..

I just ordered/purchased my first Bokers... Boxer & Slack Durand series. Does anyone else own these..? Wanting to know what your first impressions are?

I absolutely love my Slack! Great construction, very snappy, I can't imagine that sucker accidentally closing on me during any sensible use. Gorgeous and feels great in hand! Although I wish it was a little thinner behind the edge. And a tad smaller - I was very excited to check out the Boxer fr that reason, but it's a danged lockback not a slippie.

914F485D-54B2-4DAE-85FA-D2FA0305C32F.jpeg So my Slack came today...fit and finish is great. Wood is very nice. Razor hair shaving sharp...

Durand Boker Boxer made in Germany..very impressed
Nice to hear - i was not impressed at all. My Boxer desert ironwood had gaps between the scales, the backspring and the liners and considerable blade play, sidewise as well as up and down :-( returned it immediately. Shame, its such a beautiful knife...

I’m not a collector or a purist.I am a fanatical Outdoorsman, Hunter and Flyfisherman. I use all my Knives and axes regularly for everyday task. I look at these as tools and how they perform at these sort of task.
Luckily mine didn’t exhibit any of these faults from what I can tell, but then again it’s not what I would be looking at for my purpose...

I’m not a collector or a purist.I am a fanatical Outdoorsman, Hunter and Flyfisherman. I use all my Knives and axes regularly for everyday task. I look at these as tools and how they perform at these sort of task.
Luckily mine didn’t exhibit any of these faults from what I can tell, but then again it’s not what I would be looking at for my purpose...
For over 200 USD a price tag i dont accept any of the issues mentioned above, irrespective whether its a collector piece or not. Pls. dont misunderstand me, i am a fan of Boker (as I am from Germany - not from Solingen though) but they have a huge spread in manufacturing quality unfortunately. That aside, the boxer is still a beauty :)

Back