Boker Slack

I just picked up a Boker Slack yesterday, and I must say, this is an absolutely beautiful slipjoint! The fit and finish were immaculate, with no gaps between the frame and scales. The blade is beautifully crafted VG10 which came razor sharp out of the box. At a shade over 2oz, it virtually disappears in my front pocket, and it’s slim enough to not be obtrusive. The designer, Raphael Durand(?) really did an outstanding job on this one. Looking forward to carrying it on my upcoming deer hunt!

I just picked up a Boker Slack yesterday, and I must say, this is an absolutely beautiful slipjoint! The fit and finish were immaculate, with no gaps between the frame and scales. The blade is beautifully crafted VG10 which came razor sharp out of the box. At a shade over 2oz, it virtually disappears in my front pocket, and it’s slim enough to not be obtrusive. The designer, Raphael Durand(?) really did an outstanding job on this one. Looking forward to carrying it on my upcoming deer hunt!
Have any pictures yet?..sounds nice.

I just did a search and see what knife it is. It looked good until I got to the country of origin.

Looks sort of like a modern sodbuster. And made in Taiwan, which is in line with the Boker Plus line. The quality I have seen from knives (and professional tools) made there seem to be on a higher scale than China.

Have you a pic of your Slack..? I just ordered one and curious how they measure up..

I just did a search and see what knife it is. It looked good until I got to the country of origin.
One of the very worst knives I have ever tried to buy was a Boker Stockman either partially or fully made in Solingen, Germany. Here is a quote from the vendor's site :
A chestnut tree is the world famous trademark of the Boker knife manufactory in Solingen, Germany. It represents innovative, high quality, exceptional knives, manufactured with pride, by hand, for over 145 years.

I sent that knife back three times and the one I finally ended up with still had MAJOR blade rap ( the blade hit the spring inside the knife so hard it left a flat spot on the blade and I had to fix it myself). The examples I received before that were just terrible : Weak dye in the bone scales, super weak blade springs and other problems. I wanted the particular model so bad I just kept trying to get an example that didn't suck too bad.

Taiwan on the other hand, specifically Taichung, has made MANY of my most favorite knives and they ALL have had, basically, flawless quality ! I can't think of a single one that even had a slight problem.
And nicely formed edges and grinds that were sharp ? !

Well here don't take my word for it :
Forty eight seconds in
and seven minutes in

Here check out what Nick has to say between four and six minutes in.

I could post others. I could post links to my own posts here in the forum raving about Taiwan knife quality.

I would have to say; first buy some Taiwan made knives from reputable knife companies . . . then talk about the quality. National pride is one thing, I love supporting my neighbors in the USA, but . . . facts are facts.
Check out the facts.

Last edited:
One of the very worst knives I have ever tried to buy was a Boker Stockman either partially or fully made in Solingen, Germany. Here is a quote from the vendor's site :
A chestnut tree is the world famous trademark of the Boker knife manufactory in Solingen, Germany. It represents innovative, high quality, exceptional knives, manufactured with pride, by hand, for over 145 years.

I sent that knife back three times and the one I finally ended up with still had MAJOR blade rap ( the blade hit the spring inside the knife so hard it left a flat spot on the blade and I had to fix it myself). The examples I received before that were just terrible : Weak dye in the bone scales, super weak blade springs and other problems. I wanted the particular model so bad I just kept trying to get an example that didn't suck too bad.

Taiwan on the other hand, specifically Taichung, has made MANY of my most favorite knives and they ALL have had, basically, flawless quality ! I can't think of a single one that even had a slight problem.
And nicely formed edges and grinds that were sharp ? !

Well here don't take my word for it :
Forty eight seconds in
and seven minutes in

Here check out what Nick has to say between four and six minutes in.

I could post others. I could post links to my own posts here in the forum raving about Taiwan knife quality.

I would have to say; first buy some Taiwan made knives from reputable knife companies . . . then talk about the quality. National pride is one thing, I love supporting my neighbors in the USA, but . . . facts are facts.
Check out the facts.
BULL !

Really like the design. A minor point, but all the retailers I’ve seen that list country of origin say China not Taiwan. Can anyone clarify?

Back