Boker "Tree Brand Classic" & Solingen made traditional knives

How is the action? The little pen I posted the other day has a lazy open but nice and snappy to half stop and close. Which is something I’ve noticed on a few of my stockmans as well.
A pair of favorite stock knives in brown Indian trail jigged bone from the mid 1970s, with double shields.

#7588 @ 3.38"
0MuixPA.jpg

#7474 @ 4.00"
zB7IfRO.jpg
Those are beautiful mamba, the jigging is really nice. 😉👍

How is the action? The little pen I posted the other day has a lazy open but nice and snappy to half stop and close. Which is something I’ve noticed on a few of my stockmans as well.

Those are beautiful mamba, the jigging is really nice. 😉👍
Good observations, mine is the same especially compared to my GEC#9.

Good observations, mine is the same especially compared to my GEC#9.
With the stockmans it’s only the secondary blades, the main blade is very snappy. I tend to open and close my knives a lot when I’m sitting around, (as probably all knife nuts do) and I’ve noticed that the secondary blades are loosening up and getting a little snappier. I hope this happens with the little pen knife because it is perfect in every other way and is really a sweet little knife.

I’m up to two. They’re a bit pricey but overall are pretty darn nice. I may try one of the Barlow Integrals next. One of the things I like about these two is the weight - they feel substantial for their diminutive size. I assume the Integral will be noticeably lighter and I’m not sure I’ll like that as much.

wVWJWMp.jpg

I’m up to two. They’re a bit pricey but overall are pretty darn nice. I may try one of the Barlow Integrals next. One of the things I like about these two is the weight - they feel substantial for their diminutive size. I assume the Integral will be noticeably lighter and I’m not sure I’ll like that as much.

wVWJWMp.jpg
You are at the edge of the abyss my friend. 😂😂😂
I agree with you about the weight of these Barlows and the new ones for that matter. I will pick up at least 1 of the Integrals, but I’m a little concerned about how light they will feel also. How do you feel about the action on these two you have?

You are at the edge of the abyss my friend. 😂😂😂
I agree with you about the weight of these Barlows and the new ones for that matter. I will pick up at least 1 of the Integrals, but I’m a little concerned about how light they will feel also. How do you feel about the action on these two you have?
The Grenadil is a nice 5ish pull and snappy to both the half stop and fully opened or closed. I’d say it’s perfect.

The expedition is a similar pull and snappy to half stop but a bit lazy from half to fully open. It probably just needs flushed out some.

The Grenadil is a nice 5ish pull and snappy to both the half stop and fully opened or closed. I’d say it’s perfect.

The expedition is a similar pull and snappy to half stop but a bit lazy from half to fully open. It probably just needs flushed out some.

I love the action on all of mine, so snappy, some more than others, but even the lightest are good and a few are 🐊!

As promised Todd, and after walking with my first Boker Barlow, I come to reaffirm that I am very impressed with it, so much so that I couldn't resist and I just bought this one in Damascus (website photo). ;)👍

That’s awesome José! 👍 I was pretty sure you would be impressed with it. Wow, you ordered a nice one there. I saw that one awhile back and passed on it until I saw Fixall Fixall post some pictures of his. He has a bad influence on me when it comes to Boker Barlows, and so…I ordered it. 😳
I hope it comes quickly José, it’s another winner!😊👍

wVWJWMp.jpg

I don't think you could have chosen a better two! African blackwood (Grenadil) is my all-time favorite material for covers and the Micarta Expedition just has such a wonderful modern meets traditional look to it. I'd like to see more bead blasted brass bolsters from Boker. They look great!

I'm right there with you when it comes to the weight. The heft just makes them feel that much more like a quality knife for some reason. I have one of the Micarta integral barlows coming soon and I have the same concern as you. Gotta at least try it out though!

Be sure to search high and low when you're hunting for a particular model... Some of the exclusives are tricky to find and sometimes the prices differ greatly depending on where you are shopping. ;)

As promised Todd, and after walking with my first Boker Barlow, I come to reaffirm that I am very impressed with it, so much so that I couldn't resist and I just bought this one in Damascus (website photo). ;)👍

Awesome!!! It's a jaw dropping knife. I really think you'll like it when it comes in... They did a particularly amazing job on this that one in my opinion. They even took the time to mirror polish the backspring. And come on, Chad Nichols stainless damascus and bog oak is just about an unbeatable combination! :D

I have the Desert Ironwood and damascus (from a Leopard tank!!) coming soon. I'm REALLY excited for that one!

That’s awesome José! 👍 I was pretty sure you would be impressed with it. Wow, you ordered a nice one there. I saw that one awhile back and passed on it until I saw Fixall Fixall post some pictures of his. He has a bad influence on me when it comes to Boker Barlows, and so…I ordered it. 😳

Haha! OldHercDude OldHercDude is the one who got me hooked, so I'm gonna pass the blame along to him! :p

I hope your specimen is as nice as I think it's going to be. I can't wait to see it! :)

You know... I wonder if Boker would be interested in making a 2021 BF knife, lol. That would be so rad.

I would definitely be down for a Boker BF Barlow. It’s really cool to see more and more members picking them up, and even cooler hearing all the positive comments.

Yeah, you’re right about OldHercDude OldHercDude , I mean you must have it bad when you gotta buy 3 of the same knife. He’s definitely the bad influence here! 😂😂😂

I am excited about the Integrals, but I’m just as excited about the swell end Jack. 👍

Haha! OldHercDude OldHercDude is the one who got me hooked, so I'm gonna pass the blame along to him! :p

I hope your specimen is as nice as I think it's going to be. I can't wait to see it! :)

You know... I wonder if Boker would be interested in making a 2021 BF knife, lol. That would be so rad.

I would definitely be down for a Boker BF Barlow. It’s really cool to see more and more members picking them up, and even cooler hearing all the positive comments.

Yeah, you’re right about OldHercDude OldHercDude , I mean you must have it bad when you gotta buy 3 of the same knife. He’s definitely the bad influence here! 😂😂😂

I am excited about the Integrals, but I’m just as excited about the swell end Jack. 👍

Hey now, I learned it from watching you all. 🤣

As for multiples... I have a bad habit of misplacing things I like, usually in plain sight and I don't find them for sometimes a very long time. Did that with a Case pen knife. Couldn't find the thing, eventually bought another. Then found the first. And sometimes things get stolen or break. So for things I really like I get a spare or two.

Speaking of bad influences, I was staying out of this thread just to maybe not see all the nice Bokers. So much for that thought. :eek:

Still loving the 20-20. I carry it at home once I get off work. I don’t mind it clanking around in my pocket when I’m just here at the house.

I ordered a nice custom leather pocket sheath for it. Seems like just the ticket for taking her out and about. I chose Hermann Oak London Tan for the leather with white thread. Attachment is an Ulti Clip - should be da beez knees. Can’t wait to get it!

That’s awesome José! 👍 I was pretty sure you would be impressed with it. Wow, you ordered a nice one there. I saw that one awhile back and passed on it until I saw Fixall Fixall Fixall Fixall post some pictures of his. He has a bad influence on me when it comes to Boker Barlows, and so…I ordered it. 😳

Awesome!!! It's a jaw dropping knife. I really think you'll like it when it comes in... They did a particularly amazing job on this that one in my opinion. They even took the time to mirror polish the backspring. And come on, Chad Nichols stainless damascus and bog oak is just about an unbeatable combination! :D

I have the Desert Ironwood and damascus (from a Leopard tank!!) coming soon. I'm REALLY excited for that one!

Thanks so much to both of you for your encouragement, I'm really looking forward to seeing that knife.
For me, there is a detail here that I would like to happen, that they send it as it is in the photo (with the metallic Shield), I like it much more than the black, but I think now they only do it with black. ;)👍👍

Back