Boker "Tree Brand Classic" & Solingen made traditional knives

Alright, I owe this thread some pictures! I haven't had the chance to get out and take any new ones, so please forgive me for recycling the pics I have posted in the barlow thread ( Camillus Camillus I can feel your rage from here, lol). On the plus side, most of the knives are now supporting a patina, so the pics can give you an idea of what to expect when you purchase new.

All knives are Solingen made Bokers. :D

Bog Oak and Chad Nichols Ripple Patterned Stainless Damascus.
BegBJoK.jpg

Olive and C75 Carbon Steel.
3SZMU6x.jpg

Tennessee Oak Whisky Barrell and C75 Carbon Steel.
AchvjJM.jpg

Desert Ironwood and 440C Stainless Steel.
V0kvQm6.jpg

Grenadil (African Blackwood) and 440C Stainless Steel.
QqXcRZU.jpg

Washboard Brown Bone and C75 Carbon Steel (Single Blade).
CnT7o5j.jpg

Washboard Brown Bone and C75 Carbon Steel (dual blade).
H3JyU61.jpg

Plum Wood and C75 Carbon Steel.
d222MBx.jpg

Smooth White Bone and C75 Carbon Steel.
REeFiBd.jpg

I didn't like how that last pic turned out, so here's a bonus pic of the smooth white bone barlow.
uk0vsZD.jpg

Olive Green Canvas Micarta, Brass Bolster, and O1 Tool Steel.
QEkaQR8.jpg

Reclaimed Oak from Castle Burg (~1000 years old not including the time the oak tree was alive) and O1 Tool Steel.
sE2f1dO.jpg

Last edited:
Brown Curly Birch and 440C Steel.
5gBO98x.jpg

Bog Oak and Acid Washed C75 Steel.
hHU63Ax.jpg

Natural Canvas Micarta and O1 Tool Steel.
wo1xWUo.jpg

And a few misfits...

Desert Ironwood and 440C Steel Uno Trapper.
nyV5arh.jpg

qKDDyIL.jpg

Brown Jigged Bone and 73 Layer Carbon Damascus, Three Bladed Stockman.
XczIDAT.jpg

Smooth White Bone and 74 Layer Carbon Damascus Gentleman's Lockback.
W7lt2tL.jpg

Beer Barrel and C75 Steel Copperhead.
koGFRbl.jpg

Rosewood and Carbon Steel Farmboy Barlow (1983 limited edition).
Fxzj7LG.jpg

And a Stag and C75 Steel barlow that I passed along before I got a good pic of it. :(
iTHdVii.jpg

Last edited:
😳 I’d say that’s REPRESENTING!😎👍
Great collection Brian. Can’t wait until the Boker’s new Barlows get released. They seem to be a bit delayed, I thought the target was sometime in April. You hearing anything?

What can I say, Boker makes a great barlow! You and OldHercDude OldHercDude have some fantastic looking Boker's too. :D

I've been hearing a bit of mixed info about the upcoming barlows. A Boker rep told me they should be available direct from Boker towards the end of June. That one good site told me that they are expecting them in July (along with several other Solingen made Boker models), but that some new Boker's have already been trickling in. Shouldn't be too much longer!

Nice collection... I'd say the Plumb Wood is my favorite. 🤠 :thumbsup:

Thanks! There are still a couple I missed that I'm on the hunt for. :)

I like the Plum Wood a lot too. Both the wood and C75 steel take really nice color with use. I'll have to get a more recent photo up soon.

I've been hearing a bit of mixed info about the upcoming barlows. A Boker rep told me they should be available direct from Boker towards the end of June. That one good site told me that they are expecting them in July (along with several other Solingen made Boker models), but that some new Boker's have already been trickling in. Shouldn't be too much longer!
I knew you’d have the information!👍 Actually that will work out fine for my budget.😂
Plum wood is one of my favorites also guys, the color on mine is much darker than the stockman or trapper I have. Mostly, I’m sure, from pocket time, but I still think it was darker when it was new.
185D2EF1-CDA6-4B7A-9979-A8A6730D9F13.jpeg
I’ll be posting the reasons my budget was blown for this month over the next few days. Here is reason #1. Wanted to have a Stockman in stag that I was more comfortable carrying than the older one I have, so I picked up this one.33B4BEA8-7DCC-4AD5-926D-F1B7102B6191.jpegCCC7E46B-2068-4690-BE59-63BA86A31C31.jpeg

You scored some really good stag on that one. 🤠 :thumbsup:
Thanks John, the F&F is nice as well. Super snappy main blade, no play, sluggish sheepfoot and Spey when opening but nice snap on the close. All the Boker stockmans I bought in this batch and the older one I have are all like that. I’ve read other comments like that as well. I can’t imagine they would engineer them that way, but it is also hard to imagine that all the ones I have purchased are poor examples.🤔 Going to give them a good flush and see what happens.
EE050191-F0C9-4436-8941-FA327FE5A50B.jpeg2C4535A6-F613-4FEF-86F2-34BA671429EF.jpeg

Here is #2. Very slight blade play, not enough to send back. Great action on main blade, less on the secondary blades, they are still sluggish on the open, but do snap shut better than the Stag. Back spring is flush open and closed, and there is a slight gap on one end. All in all, very pleased with this one as well.👍3E63C570-5EFE-4022-A42F-0F2C3645C2DD.jpeg77143FBC-ED84-4F50-A199-05C79AD87143.jpeg3451E084-E638-47FC-9E98-617CC91A746C.jpeg

I knew you’d have the information!👍 Actually that will work out fine for my budget.😂
Plum wood is one of my favorites also guys, the color on mine is much darker than the stockman or trapper I have. Mostly, I’m sure, from pocket time, but I still think it was darker when it was new.
View attachment 1565086
I’ll be posting the reasons my budget was blown for this month over the next few days. Here is reason #1. Wanted to have a Stockman in stag that I was more comfortable carrying than the older one I have, so I picked up this one.View attachment 1565087View attachment 1565088

Thanks John, the F&F is nice as well. Super snappy main blade, no play, sluggish sheepfoot and Spey when opening but nice snap on the close. All the Boker stockmans I bought in this batch and the older one I have are all like that. I’ve read other comments like that as well. I can’t imagine they would engineer them that way, but it is also hard to imagine that all the ones I have purchased are poor examples.🤔 Going to give them a good flush and see what happens.
View attachment 1565121View attachment 1565120

Haha, right! My wallet could use a little break, lol. Those Plum Boker's look great! I really like your trapper, I might have to snag one of those. I wish Boker would come out with a Mini Trapper. The Plum should darken with UV exposure, but it seems like most of my cover patina has come from oils from my hands.

That is some beautiful stag! I really like the pile side in particular. Unfortunately the two Boker Stockman knives I've owned have also had sluggish blades. I never took the time to flush them before moving them along, but I have a feeling it would have helped a lot. That white bone Stockman really turned out well too!

That is some beautiful stag! I really like the pile side in particular. Unfortunately the two Boker Stockman knives I've owned have also had sluggish blades. I never took the time to flush them before moving them along, but I have a feeling it would have helped a lot. That white bone Stockman really turned out well too!
I don’t know if it would help or not, I think they are just that way because, so far, they have all been that way. 🤔

I don’t know if it would help or not, I think they are just that way because, so far, they have all been that way. 🤔

Yea, could be just something they could figure out. I was talking to the head of Case's repair department about a year ago and he was telling me just how complicated the Stockman pattern can be. It didn't sound like it was a favorite model of his to work on, lol.

Yea, could be just something they could figure out. I was talking to the head of Case's repair department about a year ago and he was telling me just how complicated the Stockman pattern can be. It didn't sound like it was a favorite model of his to work on, lol.
It wasn’t really a pattern that I was into either. I had small ones (sub 3”) that I liked to fiddle with while having a cigar. But then I just kept seeing really cool stockmans posted on the porch, many of them by John, and I got interested. Somewhat hooked now, John’s a bad influence! Kind of like you and your Barlows! 😂😂😂
Todd

Back