Bolo

Gossman Knives

Edged Toolmaker
stanley white's bolo.
Scott

swbolo.jpg

love the Bolo. The handle looks super-comfy. in fact, when i ordered my UNK, i was considering asking for a bolo handle on it. I didn't. ;) i figured i would try the "standard" handle first..

the bolo looks great Scott. And, congrats Stan. What a beaut! :thumbup:

Man, I love the bolo, I agree the handle looks like you could use it hard for a long time, with no discomfort, you got one nice set Stan!

Looking good! My bolo is still going strong. The forward weight and continuous angle from the handle make it a great chopper.

Now...here is a thought. There is a Tusker and Mini-Tusker. What would the Mini-Bolo look like?

4" blade, 4.25" handle. Same shape, just scaled down.

What do you say Scott, up for the challenge?

You know me, always up for a challenge. My thought is how would a wide blade be in a 4" length?
Scott

A mini bolo would cool, though I would really love to see Scott's version of a Canadian camp knife

1.25 down to .8 or .9" wide at the ricasso. I think it would be cool. I'll have to sketch one up and throw it on here.

That's what I was thinking, not as wide and the 10" bolo. Canadian camp knife is a good idea.
Scott

Well , bark river makes a Canadian special , I don't have a link right now. I would love to see Scott's take on this classic design ( not necessarily brkt , but the Canadian belt knife in general)

This sounds a bit like the small Dear Creek which Scott made for me not long ago, a great little knife!

Mini Bolo,

My two cents. Take the Large Deer Creek, flip it over and make the top (now bottom) the sharpened end. The curves resemble a small bolo.

Scott I would love to see what you would come up with for a Hudson Bay Camp Knife.I know it would be out of this world. Stanley i have knife envy!!!! You have purchase some great models from Scott!

Scott I would love to see what you would come up with for a Hudson Bay Camp Knife.I know it would be out of this world. Stanley i have knife envy!!!! You have purchase some great models from Scott!

Oh man, bigcountry, what have you done?

Scott, email inbound.

Back