'Bond, James Bond' is dead.

I was saddened by the news of Sir Sean Connery passing away. He was an icon for an age, and maybe the best actor of his age. He'll be missed. No matter if playing an ex British soldier of fortune being a king, or Indiana Jones's father, he always delivered a top flight performance.

Last edited:
I'm sorry to see him pass.

My two faves are the Hitchcock film Marnie . . and the movie for which he won his lone Oscar, "The Untouchables," where he delivered one of the great movie lines of all time . . . "He pulls a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue! That's the Chicago way."

RIP.

I tried to come up with my favorite Sean Connery movie and I couldn’t do it ; he has delivered too many memorable roles in too many films and has entertained us all for the last 60 years. Some top contenders would be his early James Bond films, The Man Who Would Be King, and Name of the Rose. There are very few actors who can consistently make a production more interesting by just appearing in it and Connery was one of them.

n2s

RIP, as a kid I thought he was the most sophisticated & smoothest male on the planet......and still do.

The guy never got into that degenerate Hollywood lifestyle even tho he had every opportunity, just proves he is real solid person with strong character and morals.

I tried to come up with my favorite Sean Connery movie and I couldn’t do it ; he has delivered too many memorable roles in too many films and has entertained us all for the last 60 years. Some top contenders would be his early James Bond films, The Man Who Would Be King, and Name of the Rose.
n2s

The Name of the Rose (1986) was a good one, as was Outland (1981). But the best writing and one of his best performances was in the part which made him a star in 1960.

I just got done watching The Anderson Tapes again when I heard the news yesterday. :(

RIP Sir Connery.

RIP, as a kid I thought he was the most sophisticated & smoothest male on the planet......and still do.

The guy never got into that degenerate Hollywood lifestyle even tho he had every opportunity, just proves he is real solid person with strong character and morals.
They should post his picture in the dictionary next to the word "charisma."

Very sad, I definitely agree with you guys, he is the BEST Bond! I think because of Sean Connery charisma 007 is such an iconic character today.

RIP. He had a great run, and 90 is a great age to live to. Definitely the best Bond. There will never be another like him.

My favorite movies of his were:
Thunderball
Diamonds Are Forever
Outland
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
The Rock (I liked this one pretty much BECAUSE of Sean Connery).

Jim

He's the only Bond I'll watch. If you want to see him in a great buddy movie, find "The Man Who Would Be King". Michael Caine is really good in it, too.

Back