Bonecutter, HI warranty and "advertising" pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.
One time I saw two Easter bunnies together and I think they were trying to make Easter eggs!

What did ya think, they fell out of the sky or something? Mother nature works in mysterious ways.

Properly hardened, a khukuri will cut and chop through bone with zero damage. I own and have purchased well over 100 HI khuks since 1993 when I first met Bill. Bone and even frozen bone is nothing. Bill told me of highway patrol officers chopping people out of wrecked cars with Ang Kholas with little damage to the blade and edge. Bone is nothing. and if your knife has trouble with it the heat treat is not right. I have deboned and quartered lots of big game and seen this 1st hand with many of my khuks.

Waow... Then the story about the patrol officers is quite disturbing. Around here, they use jaw of life (even to extract dead people). They cut the vehicle, not the body. Although the latter is probably easier
362R353_XTractorSCutterA.jpg

I love the looks of that little knife.

It's a Rock Creek Nyala - If you don't mind the "made in China" on the blade, it is a fantastic knife for the price. It comes with a thick leather sheet that could probably be sold for the price of the knife alone.
Highly recommended.

I look at the link you posted and
1 - This is not labeled as a Bonecutter
2 - The full thank is not obvious on the picture. But now that you tell me, the little line under the handle can no longer be mistaken for a light reflexion.

Thanks

So is the Chiruwa AK is also known as the Bonecutter?

They are not the same. The AK is more Kukri traditional looking. The Bonecutters I've seen have much less arc to the blade, a lot more meat out towards the tip, and considerably heavier but surprisingly agile. Heavy beast but swings nice.
Both are full tang, don't think I've ever seen a Bonecutter that wasn't.

I have to go look up Rock Creek Nyala now. Could be trouble for me again.

They are not the same. The AK is more Kukri traditional looking. The Bonecutters I've seen have much less arc to the blade, a lot more meat out towards the tip, and considerably heavier but surprisingly agile. Heavy beast but swings nice.
Both are full tang, don't think I've ever seen a Bonecutter that wasn't.

I have to go look up Rock Creek Nyala now. Could be trouble for me again.

Swing nice is what I'm looking for. I plan to use it as a bush wacker.

"Could be trouble for me again." yep I know the feeling... Steel is HWS-1K, no clue what it is but I have no problem keeping it razor sharp (literally). Apparently this model is discontinued but it is still available since one of my friend couldn't resist buying one recently after seeing mine.

i have a dyson dc3 vacuum cleaner. it will not suck up a pile of white paracord guts i accidentally dropped on the floor, it jams up the spinny thing at the bottom. can i sue? (didn't really happen of course ;) )

everything has limits. as long as they are further defined i suspect that a suit would be annoying but ultimately fruitless. with all the ridiculous suits in the states, one never knows tho. and aunty might not get awarded costs from the plaintiff even if he loses.

there was a mercenary lawyeress in california who sued a pool accessory company because her supposedly educated lawyer husband died when he bought a long handled aluminum pool net and cleaned the leaves out of the pool until the end hit an overhead hi-voltage power line. she argued the pole did not have a warning label not to use it near overhead power lines. one reason we get packets of peanuts with warning labels 'caution - may contain nuts' because of suits like that. ( i gather she lost, the company argued her university grad lawyer ex-hubby had had enough science courses to be aware that metal conducts electricity, and so did he. you cannot protect against people with moments of temporary stupidity.)

Swing nice is what I'm looking for. I plan to use it as a bush wacker.

"Could be trouble for me again." yep I know the feeling... Steel is HWS-1K, no clue what it is but I have no problem keeping it razor sharp (literally). Apparently this model is discontinued but it is still available since one of my friend couldn't resist buying one recently after seeing mine.

I think a Bonecutter would be much to heavy for a bush wacker myself. Its a beast.

I think a Bonecutter would be much to heavy for a bush wacker myself. Its a beast.

That depends on what kind of bush you intend to whack.
Something like mimosa or privet, with their woody construction, would be a good (albeit) light duty usage for the BC.

Wood Blaster would have been a more accurate name. Mine blasts through wood. The BC is a helluva chopper. I haven't tried chopping heavy bones with mine yet.
Probably, because I don't want fragments of bone and steel in my meat.

I've lopped off squirrel heads with my Fiskars axe. It goes through like it's nothing.

As far as beef/pork/deer bones go, it's faster, easier, neater to slice through the ligaments that hold the joints together.
Chopping through heavy bone adds too much extra work.
Any thin, sharp blade (Mora, for example) will go through connective tissue like a scalpel through skin.

If I were going to chop through bones, I'd use a sharp axe, hatchet, or heavy meat cleaver.
OR, I'd make my own cleaver from a leaf spring.

However, that adds more work to the butchering process.
Slicing requires less effort than chopping, and is easier on your wrists, elbows, and shoulders.

Now, a Tarwar would blast through bushes. Might be a tad hard to control, though.

Santa? Santa's real name is Yangdu, and she uses triangle shaped boxes to send our Christmas presents.
That's how my HIs were delivered, anyway. Guess I was extra good.

That little Chinese knife reminds me a little of the Buck Vanguard.
Too bad, it's not available anymore.

Last edited:
i have a dyson dc3 vacuum cleaner. it will not suck up a pile of white paracord guts i accidentally dropped on the floor, it jams up the spinny thing at the bottom. can i sue? (didn't really happen of course ;) )

Do you see Pictures of a happy DC3 next to a pile of paracord guts on the Dyson's site?
I say it would be ill advised for Dyson to do so...

snowwolf, i'll try that for mr. dyson (he lives not far away - 14 miles) as soon as i finish cleaning the pool with my long aluminum handled net, it's taking longer than i expected as i keep hitting that pesky overhead 50KV overhead power line. it took forever to get that irritating warning label off the grip. i'm not allergic to nuts anyway. :)

Last edited:
snowwolf, i'll try that for mr. dyson (he lives not far away - 14 miles) as soon as i finish cleaning the pool with my long aluminum handled net, it's taking longer than i expected as i keep hitting that pesky overhead 50KV overhead power line. it took forever to get that irritating warning label off the grip. i'm not allergic to nuts anyway. :)

Didn't your doctor told that these kind of jolts could reboot your pacemaker?

Say hi to Ronald and Colonel H. Sanders on your way to the Dyson's.

never touch the stuff - clowns are the devils messengers and i am indifferent to the finger likkin colonel's food. had a nice cheeseburger & chips (fries to y'all back home) thu. lunchtime as my thanksgiving dinner at the bus station cafe. was waiting for the bus to take me home. i'd been in the hospital to be fitted with a 7-day heart monitor, so that might fit, but not a pacemaker. (i had a TIA* in sept. and the doc is investigating why, so far no reasons found. heart ultrasound also scheduled to see if i have any plaque. my cholesterol is thankfully low. and ecg is normal). oh, the joys of being an old fart. at least i've got to see a lot of pretty nurses and doctors.

might have a jolt of jagermeister tho tonite.

*-transient ischaemic attack - a mini-stroke.

p.s. - we get 'free' medical here. it's not really free of course, during our working lives we all pay 'national insurance', taken out of our pay.

Last edited:
Pretty nurses? Good for you! Last time I was in, all my nurses were dudes..... And they all fancied poking me once every couple hours. I would rather die than go back!

when they had me in overnight, no male nurses on the ward, they kept waking me every few hours to do a blood sugar stab and take my blood pressure. one other person was snoring loud enough to vibrate the walls. and then they worry why you tell them you are exhausted when they ask how you are feeling.

Yep. When I read the original posting I thought it was well-intentioned, but as the subsequent posts by "snowwolf" became more argumentative I was reminded of that banned person with a (coincidentally?) similar moniker.

I just want everyone to know that "snowwolf" is NOT me! I stick to this handle or Timberwolf. :D

With that said, I'll go back into reading mode.

Last edited:
^Oh there you are. We don't even look alike. I wonder why the confusion.

So you are banned and still can post? That's a pretty soft retribution for someone with such a bad reputation.:foot:

I'm for closing this thread. This pony is plumb rode down......................

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back