Bookie's Curved Spine Khukuri

I was going to just leave the title as Bookie's Curved Spine, but I figured Bawanna'd feel that I was having some dreaded disease and needed to come for a visit..so I changed it. The assistant head Nepalese Khukuri Fairy delivered one of those triangle boxes here to Toad Hall recently. I must'a been holding my tongue in the right spot because inside was this big honkin' CURVED SPINE kuk!! My heart stopped it's little pitty-pat for a hole hour and a half, I was so amazed! This is one solid kuk and fills a niche in my workshop. I've been adding oil to the handle and it finally dried, so here are 6 photos to eat your heart out with.
CS8a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG] One large kuk at your service.
CS0a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG] Not a great photo, but had trouble with lighting due to the shiny blade.
CS3a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG] Nice red handle, eh?
CS4a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG] The flip side.
CS5.jpg
[/URL][/IMG] Just a nice photo I thought, so included it.
CS6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG] Good shot of the tapered tang. Very neatly done.

Many thanks for this swell khukuri

WOW Bookie!!! That is a dream of a khuk. I love how the metal spine is filed to match the rings in the grip. You did a wonderful job on that handle, the red is really popping now. Congrats on a super blade man... let me know if you ever want to part with it lol.

Very nice Mr.Bookie. that tapered spine is really nice, and I agree with GB, the handle grooves matching the steel looks amazing. Jus had to wipe drool off my mouth.

Wow, I thought the tapered tang of the Suga was interesting, but that tang is beautiful. How does it balance?

Me hat's off to ya lad! You did a spectacular job on that. Turned out super sweet indeed.

Did you use the Friebing dye we've talked about. Works very good.

Glad you added Khukri to the title, I would have had an Osteopath on a plane within minutes with a level and some pry bars to straighten you out. It's perfectly fine to be curved when your suppose to be curved like a khuk.

A gold star for sure to Thamar. He has the gift.

Thanks, guys. Yes, I used the red leather dye. Two coats before steel wooling the excess off. Glad you didn't send an Osteopath. The Granddaughter is an Osteopath and she is on her way over to get her two horned hooliga..er little tykes who've been here for 4 days (YES! There IS a God!) The other Granddaughter is a Psychiatrist , so they've got a crippled, half insane Grandpa to practice on. Did you know that "Grandpa" has an alternate spelling? Guinea Pig. No, Thamar builds solid kuks. I HAVE the gift! See you later. Gotta go take my crazy pills.....

Man! I've never knowed anyone related to a shrink. Does she make you look at ink blots all the time?

I'm gambling she finds stuff with you that weren't mentioned in the shrink text book for sure.

Hey Bookie, That IS a work of art...Gotta love HI and the Kamis...You know, i am not much for the use of a computer, but, i gotta tell you all that i read these posts at least once a day and am impressed with the genuine people on here...NOTHING but good comrodary goin on here..I am really glad i found HI and these forums.....Makes me want to learn more about this contraption i am on....thanks to all for such a positive experience..

Careful with that contraption your on, why do you think Bookie take crazy pills?

Go easy on it. It will take over your life if your not careful.

We're all glad you found HI too. It's a pretty good place to be. Everybody has to be someplace and I like to be here.

I will be careful for sure!! Crazy pills??hmmm... Who would have thought...I did get the DD on the Trisul by Kuhmar...Good lookin blade with some weight behind it...Next will be a CR..I have been asking Auntie about it for quite some time now.
Correct me if i am wrong, but the CR is the blade style and the YCS is the khuk style....Will keep my eye on it...

See this is what I mean. I'm not getting you at all. I don't know what CR is? YCS is a model of a khuk and a fine one I might add.

You send me that Trisul and I'll have Bookie send you a months' supply of crazy pills. Hows that sound.

CR? What the heck is CR. I better double up. Yeah I take crazy pills too.

OK, the crazy pills are not sounding that bad after all!!! The CR is a Cherokee Rose blade style designed by the late forumite YVSA..It is on the HI website,new products page..Check it out..It is a beauty if you like the blade style....Dont mess with me man....Let me know what you think....

Boy am I dumb! I know what a Cherokee Rose is, I just got one a couple months back. Guess I'm just not good at abbreviations. Your absolutely correct along with the new product page, it's always right.

It's a mammoth blade, beyond mammoth. I got a good one with a beautiful handle with a little help from my friends.

Amen....Glad we are on the same new products page..I DO want that bowie style knife..GB is chompin at the bits for one as well..My mom(rip) was about 70% cherokee and this one would be extra special for me..hand made by great people for a fellow cherokee...I dont look it but my mom sure did...I DO feel power in the ground where the spirits can be found....I have a 3br. house and sleep in a tent with a fire in the warmer months..Kinda strange for some to understand...I pack the tent up when the snow flies...265.8 inches last year up here in Traverse City, Mich...no crazy pills needed now..haha

Holy cow B..I just scrolled down and saw the pics....Bad to the bone man.....Gotta have it...If i need help with anything about it i will let YOU know...Thanks for sharing the pics..

That sir is a mighty fine blade ya got there, boy it came out really nice and the curve on it is just perfect. Congrats on a fine job and blade. And Bawanna that rose is killer, it makes your 1911 look small and that aint easy.

Had me too! I googled CR under Khukri Acronyms and this popped up. Says its short for "Crazy";) Crazy good of course! Hey I think I know this guy! Thats mi Amigo! Love that pic:thumbup:

Bookie I already have a big chopper and you aint helping! That tapered Chiruwa is really well done. Makes me think it feels much like a traditional rat tang. Very nice job on that handle!

1911! I thought that was a daisy BB pistol! I think your right pugs!

Last edited:
CS? We just fingered out CR now we gotta wrap our heads around CS? I'm sure it's got nothing to do with chickens.

Back