Bookie's Latest Abby Normal Project

Between hospital visits and She Who Must Be Obeyed's automatic self-replenishing Honey-Do list, I built my first e-lectric ukulele. It's tenor sized and uses the 1st four strings from a guitar. I like Fender Telecasters, so this baby was styled like one. It's even got a "skunk stripe" on the back of the neck and a carbon fiber truss rod. One volume & one tone pots make it sing. Did you know that you can make your own real water transfer decals? The body is flame grained maple dyed indigo or royal blue. The wood was from a tree that the city cut down for free fire wood. But Bookie being kinda Scotch when it comes to free $$$, got a couple of slabs given to him. It does play a mean Frankie & Johnny and ain't fer sale. My mule, Zeke, is rather partial to it already.

F1 - Copy.JPG F2 - Copy.JPG F3 - Copy.JPG F4 - Copy.JPG F5 - Copy.JPG F6 - Copy.JPG

Dang Bookie, that's a beauty. I don't know nuthin bout guitars or ukes or harmonica's, can't carry a tune in a bucket but this looks sweet.
I play accordion as a yonker, wouldn't know how these days.
Nicely done.

Ruth says take out the trash first thing in the am after you slop the hogs and and feed and curry Zeke.

I keeps coming back for another look see at this thing. Makes me feel dreadfully inadequate that I don't know how to play such a beauty.
Always wanted to learn to play a banjo but never got around to that neither.

Time to make a record Bookie. You and Willie.

Well you sure nailed that Tele look! That looks like fresh off the Fender showroom! Excellent job Doc. Impressive! Thats some really nice wood too.

DSC00531 - Copy.JPG Fellers, it's been a looong week. ESPECIALLY with wonderful, warm & cuddly in-laws from out of state that have the EXACT same hobbies, politics, religion, likes & dislikes as you, but only freakin' gooder or better, and that your ONLY fault was that you married into the clan and haven't died off yet, but if they can find a street car on the cheap, they'd be MORE than happy to help me along..........thanks for the kind words about me uke. The more I play it, the more I like it. It gets plugged into a Fender amp and once the amp was EQ'd, the little uke sounds sweet.

Kamidog, I'm struggling with Purple Haze at the moment, but I've already got Stevie Ray Vaughn's version of Voodoo Child down pat. Poke the amp into over drive and jack all the knobs all the way up and guess what? The sheriff of the next county over is callin' you on the phone that if you don't shut that XXXX thing down, their SWAT team will be paying you a visit with thermite grenades, bazookas, and their entire K-9 crew that will probably have not been fed for 48 hours----UNLEASHED. You suppose they're tryin' to tell me something here? (Ol' Zeke is sayin' "Bring'em on!)

Bawanna, I have talked to Willie, his son, and his foul mouthed daughter at a special Hard Rock Cafe event in NYC a few years back. We attended as part of the Hard Rock people. He was higher'n a kite, the boy is a good Rock 'n Roller (his band was there playing too, as was his sister's) and the daughter, .....oh, Lordy. Her vocabulary is loud and so profane you can see the words ketchin' fire right as they come out'ter her mouth! Had supper and a few brewskis with "Almost Willie" Tom Bradshaw and have a pic of him on the wall. He does look and sound almost like Willie. We also got to meet KISS members, Carlos Santana, and some of the Arrowsmith guys. Oh, I almost fergot. Ruth did get a recording of Willie and me singin' CRAZY.

WOW just wow, absolutely beautiful man, your abilities are endless. Ya did good my friend!!!

Cool photo Doc! Ill have to learn Voodoo Chile and we could do one of them "playing for change" sessions. Ive seen SRV a few times to say the least. He used to play Antones every Monday night for blues night. He'd commonly have surprise guests and was lots of fun! Ive seen Willie a few times but never met him. Prolly would be a hoot!

View attachment 1161326 Fellers, it's been a looong week. ESPECIALLY with wonderful, warm & cuddly in-laws from out of state that have the EXACT same hobbies, politics, religion, likes & dislikes as you, but only freakin' gooder or better, and that your ONLY fault was that you married into the clan and haven't died off yet, but if they can find a street car on the cheap, they'd be MORE than happy to help me along..........thanks for the kind words about me uke. The more I play it, the more I like it. It gets plugged into a Fender amp and once the amp was EQ'd, the little uke sounds sweet.

Kamidog, I'm struggling with Purple Haze at the moment, but I've already got Stevie Ray Vaughn's version of Voodoo Child down pat. Poke the amp into over drive and jack all the knobs all the way up and guess what? The sheriff of the next county over is callin' you on the phone that if you don't shut that XXXX thing down, their SWAT team will be paying you a visit with thermite grenades, bazookas, and their entire K-9 crew that will probably have not been fed for 48 hours----UNLEASHED. You suppose they're tryin' to tell me something here? (Ol' Zeke is sayin' "Bring'em on!)

Bawanna, I have talked to Willie, his son, and his foul mouthed daughter at a special Hard Rock Cafe event in NYC a few years back. We attended as part of the Hard Rock people. He was higher'n a kite, the boy is a good Rock 'n Roller (his band was there playing too, as was his sister's) and the daughter, .....oh, Lordy. Her vocabulary is loud and so profane you can see the words ketchin' fire right as they come out'ter her mouth! Had supper and a few brewskis with "Almost Willie" Tom Bradshaw and have a pic of him on the wall. He does look and sound almost like Willie. We also got to meet KISS members, Carlos Santana, and some of the Arrowsmith guys. Oh, I almost fergot. Ruth did get a recording of Willie and me singin' CRAZY.
That is so cool. That uke is a real thing of beauty too.

Back