BoonSNARK Saints..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice hauls guys.

Anybody else having trouble with Photobucket?

Window unit my friend. Window unit.

Have one... Only 5000btu though and in a metal building that has no insulation it doesnt do much so i took it out the window and use fans and create a cross draw that works better than the window unit did and helps a little with dust as well.... The building is only 200 square feet but even with that window unit left on for hours the window unit barely made any difference.

My father put a 14000btu unit in his metal shed thats only 10X14 and it still had trouble keeping it cool. He had to add some foam "insulation" (1" Styrofoam he shoved in between the rafters and studs) to make a difference.

His building is in direct sunlight and mine does have shade around it which gives me an advantage, but the cost of a better cooling unit and insulation is more than i want to pay when im honestly not in it that often... There is NO fish in there for me to catch :D

One day i might insulate it and get another unit to cool it off.... But ill have to be doing a bunch of work in there to make it worth the cost.

Have one... Only 5000btu though and in a metal building that has no insulation it doesnt do much so i took it out the window and use fans and create a cross draw that works better than the window unit did and helps a little with dust as well.... The building is only 200 square feet but even with that window unit left on for hours the window unit barely made any difference.

My father put a 14000btu unit in his metal shed thats only 10X14 and it still had trouble keeping it cool. He had to add some foam "insulation" (1" Styrofoam he shoved in between the rafters and studs) to make a difference.

His building is in direct sunlight and mine does have shade around it which gives me an advantage, but the cost of a better cooling unit and insulation is more than i want to pay when im honestly not in it that often... There is NO fish in there for me to catch :D

One day i might insulate it and get another unit to cool it off.... But ill have to be doing a bunch of work in there to make it worth the cost.

Metal box with direct sun exposure in south Florida sounds like a war crime waiting to happen.

Metal box with direct sun exposure in south Florida sounds like a war crime waiting to happen.

HAHA!! I know thats right!!

I have some shade around mine and still see the temp hitting 118° on some days when its only around 85-90 outside.
the knives were $10 each. which is not bad.

my bag? yeah, my BAG baby :D nope. under a table.

plus we had a ton of BK14s left. oh well.

10 each? I would of got one of each for me and one of each for Curt had i known that... Man you guys suck at selling stuff :p

:D

Yea... I couldn't decide which one. It was easy to miss stuff there. The Globetrotter is a slick piece too. 710's set up for it would make for an awesome EDC package.

Yea man very easy to miss stuff, plus im not a big fan of trying to get around people to look at stuff either so its my loss really.

I have a 710 sheath high on the want list for the GT. I really like the knife, hell i like the scales too... The sheath though... Not so much. Just makes a nice compact knife bulkier than it needs to be.

710 should sell his sheaths on the river store... Then i could get one right NOW!! I got a couple hundred saved up in river store gift card money but no cash currently LOL

Woody, White elastomeric paint. It will drop the temp in there by probably 20 degrees in the summer sun, and its not real pricy. Mobile home roof coating stuff. Worked like a champ on my old mobile that I used to live in.

My son doing one finger pull ups on his hangboard:

16.jpg

He's looking fit! How hard is he bouldering?

F U fingerboard! :D

Backstrap in the cast iron thread...

image_zps9ddwnn8v.jpg

F U fingerboard! :D

Backstrap in the cast iron thread...

image_zps9ddwnn8v.jpg

I'll be right over there with you, Gus!

To go with Guyon's craft food and cheap beer....

IMG_20160606_190039022_zpsh64k93nz.jpg

Craft beer and cheap food...

I absolutely love these nachos though. They are from a good little Americanized taco joint nearby. Their homemade sauces are spectacular. Taquería snobs might snub it, but I love it.

One of our cats got hit by a car today and passed away...
The driver didn't even stop to say something or anything. We just found him on the side of the road. There were two cats out of his nest, him and his brother and they were inseparable. Always together, roaming through the garden. His brother has been strolling through the yard all day, crying out to find him but no one is coming. One of the saddest scenes ever :(. Sucks bigtime...

Thanks WW... He was just slightly over one year old, way too young. Meh, I feel terrible right now. Good thing he was probably killed instantly. No signs of anything on his body, not a drop of blood or anything. He didn't suffer, most likely. It was the shock that killed him.

His brother has been strolling through the yard all day, crying out to find him but no one is coming. One of the saddest scenes ever :(. Sucks bigtime...

:-(

I feel his pain and yours. Miss my knife-designing buddy.

Woody, White elastomeric paint. It will drop the temp in there by probably 20 degrees in the summer sun, and its not real pricy. Mobile home roof coating stuff. Worked like a champ on my old mobile that I used to live in.

I may have to do something like this. Ill look into it.

Today's temps high and low....Windows were open all day too. No fans on though. Just went and took this picture at about 6:45pm and its still 105°.... Id be ok with a high of 80-85 really. 75 would be heavenly but prolly impossible unless i fully insulate. Hell 80 is prolly not happening either LOL

119° is HELL in there. Really feels like an oven.

27477561141_3ea4ddb2fc_z.jpg

Yeah man, White elastomeric paint on the out side and even cheapish foam board insulation in the big panel size on the interior walls and your AC would start being able to keep up I suspect. I would try and find a 12k btu window unit though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back