BoonSNARK Saints..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not too shabby for 2 hours at the creek!!

Already got them cleaned and ready to fry them up!!

27585082015_3986aa518c_z.jpg

26975136844_a24888196f_z.jpg

27307913400_aaba49ab11_z.jpg
That was a really nice catch.

Man you got some happy kids WW, can't fake those smiles. Prolly so happy that schools out eh.:p

What type of fish is on top in the photo? Any encounters with gators or boas yet? I'd be carrying a gun in those swampy places always, for animals or unsavory characters. Been watching alot of the show Bloodline, now assume everyone from FL is shady.

thanks kentwood!

Ulf, the top is a bass and under that is a catfish.

Haven't seen bloodline. But i have been to more than half the states and over a handful of countries... There is shady characters everywhere if you find the right spots.

I have ran into plenty of water moccasins, and several gators. Almost stepped on a moccasin today... Mostly they are more afraid of you than you are of them. I leave them alone and they seem to leave me alone, but you have to keep your eyes open and stay alert for everything.. Or let fear keep you from having fun... I can't live in fear. Too much I enjoy doing outside.

Too lazy to fish.... Stopping at Long John Silver's on the way home...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Geez, needed to look closer, eyes didn't look like bass, maybe it's cause haven't seen one dead in awhile, don't eat them.

Definately, and was kidding. Bloodline is on Netflix, good show, worth watching.

Haven't seen bloodline. But i have been to more than half the states and over a handful of countries... There is shady characters everywhere if you find the right spots.

I have ran into plenty of water moccasins, and several gators. Almost stepped on a moccasin today... Mostly they are more afraid of you than you are of them. I leave them alone and they seem to leave me alone, but you have to keep your eyes open and stay alert for everything.. Or let fear keep you from having fun... I can't live in fear. Too much I enjoy doing outside.

Truth. Good onya for focusing on the fun part. Hell, driving (especially around here) is more likely to cause bodily harm than any wild animal or unsavory character. And you can't shoot your way out of a car accident.

Glad you got your boy unhitched from the screen, WW. This is the stuff they'll remember about their childhood - not video game scores.

Geez, needed to look closer, eyes didn't look like bass, maybe it's cause haven't seen one dead in awhile, don't eat them.

Definately, and was kidding. Bloodline is on Netflix, good show, worth watching.

Id much rather eat catfish than bass. But i eat bass too. Although the kids like "boneless" so the larger fish i normally give to them so they can get the meat easier.

Ill have to check that show out if i can. I dont got netflix anymore. Out here we dont get internet except on the cell phone, no telephone company services this area. Only option is satellite internet, and the only one i know of is hughes network, and i know of several people using them but unhappy with the service... Even their customer service told me its not good for streaming.

But i keep busy so much i dont miss high speed internet at all.
Too lazy to fish.... Stopping at Long John Silver's on the way home...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man i hope i never say that..... When im lazy fishing is relaxing, when im bored fishing is exciting, when im horny... Oh wait :D

Ate fish till i couldnt take another bite. Drank 5 beers. Im a damn happy camper right now.

My deep freezer has plenty more fish in it. Me and curt talking about having a fish fry tomorrow. Id be happy having a fish fry every night. Throw in some cheese grits, a little squash and zucchini or some greens, and a couple hunks of corn bread and im in heaven.

Manohman, WW...you are living the life of Riley. I'd take fish fry (almost) every night, too.....as long as once in a while it was Crispy Fish Choo Chee. Can't not have Asian food, either.

well, Steve and I are gonna do Bladeshow next year again! getting the same booth as we had this year. Alot of peeps told us that they couldn't find our table... well because we didn't have a table, we had a booth. When we asked about sharing a table, the people who run bladeshow told us that we could not have multiple companies sharing a table... Now if you went to Bladeshow this year, we were literally right around the corner from the Kabar booth.

Wow, it's been more than a month since I've logged in, I think... Haven't quite forgotten about you all, and I know some of you still have some free blades coming from me; I still have them, and they're still earmarked for you. Life just kinda exploded and I've been crazy busy (which is going to continue for the next month or so). Hope all is well with everyone.

I'm on the same page but I'm still waiting for my blade [emoji12] snark

Beckerhead #146

Good to see you back CF! I've had to hold the MYB fort down ;)

Thanks for the compliments on Leia!

Sweet Jerry! I'll have to check that out. I also need to contact one of you metal benders to make her the slave-kini (kidding)

I've been MMB!

Beckerhead #146

Been a bit since I posted. Just been busy lately

Having a few bad days and just wanted to remind everyone to spend some time with the people you love. You never know when you might regret not making time for them.

Having a few bad days and just wanted to remind everyone to spend some time with the people you love. You never know when you might regret not making time for them.
Sorry to hear it, ac. Hang in there.

Truth. Good onya for focusing on the fun part. Hell, driving (especially around here) is more likely to cause bodily harm than any wild animal or unsavory character. And you can't shoot your way out of a car accident.

Glad you got your boy unhitched from the screen, WW. This is the stuff they'll remember about their childhood - not video game scores.

Very very true. My wife ALWAYS asks, will there be gators, and my answer is always the same.... YES. Whether we see them or not is another thing, but in these waters there is ALWAYS gators. So we can either hide in the house or go have a good time.

Now the last time i took my little boat out i was with my father checking out a new little creek.... We seen a gator bigger than my boat. Came within 15 feet of us and then vanished under the bank... Must of had a den in there... We got by as quick as possible making as little noise and movement as we could. Scared? Not really, but respecting his home? definitely!!

I had to force the kids on the trip LOL... My daughter was like "Will there be a lot of bugs?" And my son was like "Can i bring my tablet?" And i was like, "Damn right there will be bugs, and hell no you cant bring your tablet, now get in the damn truck"

:D

They weren't happy on the way to the creek, but once we got there and everyone started catching fish they quickly forgot about the bugs and video games. They had a great time and afterwards i took them for milkshakes.

A good day indeed!!

Manohman, WW...you are living the life of Riley. I'd take fish fry (almost) every night, too.....as long as once in a while it was Crispy Fish Choo Chee. Can't not have Asian food, either.

It's a hard life brother, but someone has to live it!!

Too many people complain about too many things. Dwelling on the small things or letting a bad hand ruin your life is for the birds. Seriously though, im a very lucky, blessed, guy. Im only 32. I dont have 2 wooden nickels to rub together, lost some of my jaw bone and all my teeth, my back is destroyed, left knee pops out of place if i turn it the wrong way, and i spent years having grand mal seizures due to a pretty bad head injury... But i got a great wife and a couple awesome (bad) kids that i love dearly, i know how to enjoy the small things, and i take every chance i get to go out and enjoy them. Life is what we make it. And despite being dealt a pretty crappy hand from the gate im making my life a dream come true. You wont find hundreds in my wallet or bank account, you wont find gold jewelry around my fingers or neck, but when the people with big money are complaining about a storm, im that guy out in the rain with a beer in one hand, fishing rod in the other and a huge smile on my face... SAYING THIS IS THE LIFE!!!

My condolences brother, smoke and prayers headed your way!

WW...if you love cheese grits, look up Ethan's polenta recipe in Joy of Cooking...good stuff man. Def one of the highlights of making it to a gathering!

Think we tired out somebody.
081ae9d1dc2b866286261c4254c6c500.jpg

Then it was burrito time.

03eb3f7438c64a1e3354d6aae878682f.jpg

Been a pretty good Saturday.

WW...if you love cheese grits, look up Ethan's polenta recipe in Joy of Cooking...good stuff man. Def one of the highlights of making it to a gathering!
Oh man.... That polenta is the stuff.

Think we tired out somebody.
081ae9d1dc2b866286261c4254c6c500.jpg

Then it was burrito time.

03eb3f7438c64a1e3354d6aae878682f.jpg

Been a pretty good Saturday.

You'll look back on pictures like that and think, "she was so small back then."
Oh... and I love burrito time.

We did burgers in the grill. We were able to use some lettuce out of our garden for them. Tomatoes and peppers will be here in due time.

The wife did gather the ingredients up, made some simple syrup and mixed us up some margaritas. Naturally, I drank mine while playing with a sharp.

IMG_20160611_184820502_zpswcl0fqxp.jpg

The puppy had a ball today. Late morning we went out to a real nice park we discovered nearby. We didn't go as early as we wanted since they were finishing up and tearing down from some haunted camp out they did last night.... needless to say, today has been one of the warmest of the year so far. It warmed up while we were out and I thought the pup would have a good time playing in the creek that runs though the woods out there...... Boy, was that an understatement.

IMG_20160611_105002037_zps7kszldta.jpg

She had a ball belly flopping and barrelling through the water.

IMG_20160611_105255593_zps2vfrqk5e.jpg

IMG_20160611_105514393_zpsedfano0v.jpg

So the poor pup just sat and whined at me when I made her get out so we can start the walk back to the car...

IMG_20160611_105651856_zpsxc57z2uv.jpg

Sorry, kid. Life isn't fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back