BoonSNARK Saints..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think the hossettes is an idea worth pursuing.

Took the Tactical Spork out an a test run for some brisket. Picked up the offered plastic ware just in case.

Tonight's results - the spork is a bit more spoon than fork. It didn't spear brisket as well as I hoped, but with the included knife, no worries. Still a cool little item.

I think I finally finished my corner, for now at least.

A549iUW.jpg
What kind of bow did you end up getting? Looks a little like my Mission. I'll be expecting some better pics and a full report in the "Stringed Instruments" thread.

What kind of bow did you end up getting? Looks a little like my Mission. I'll be expecting some better pics and a full report in the "Stringed Instruments" thread.

Diamond Pro by Bowtech. Not AS nice as the Elite, but I couldn't see dropping $1,000+ on my first ever bow. Maybe later I will upgrade, however I dunno when that will be.

So many brilliant dog pics!

Just got back from four days of climbing in northern Ontario (about eight hours north of Toronto). The trip included Becker knives, chainsaws and some skeet shooting. Unfortunately, it also included swarms of deer flies, black flies and mosquitoes. The bugs were so bad that I had to wear a toque (knit winter hat for my American friends) doused in DEET. In the end, we started calling the hat the DEET-sponge. Cool part of the world. Very isolated – no cell service in a two-hour driving radius and you needed serious four-wheel drive to get to the base. Glad to be home and enjoying a glass of wine.

Most of that sounds damn nice, Gus.

Diamond Pro by Bowtech. Not AS nice as the Elite, but I couldn't see dropping $1,000+ on my first ever bow. Maybe later I will upgrade, however I dunno when that will be.
Upgrade, schmupgrade....that unit oughta take you where you wanna go for years to come. Hell, up until I bought the (arguably low-end) Mission Riot I was shooting a 20 year old Hoyt that STILL has plenty of good shots left for the next owner. Best thing you can do now is SHOOT that thing every damn day, grasshoppah ;).

So many brilliant dog pics!

Just got back from four days of climbing in northern Ontario (about eight hours north of Toronto). The trip included Becker knives, chainsaws and some skeet shooting. Unfortunately, it also included swarms of deer flies, black flies and mosquitoes. The bugs were so bad that I had to wear a toque (knit winter hat for my American friends) doused in DEET. In the end, we started calling the hat the DEET-sponge. Cool part of the world. Very isolated – no cell service in a two-hour driving radius and you needed serious four-wheel drive to get to the base. Glad to be home and enjoying a glass of wine.

Sounds like a hell of a trip! I'm jealous!

This Saturday we're taking the inlaw's motor home out to a campground for some glamping.

I still think the hossettes is an idea worth pursuing.

Took the Tactical Spork out an a test run for some brisket. Picked up the offered plastic ware just in case.

Tonight's results - the spork is a bit more spoon than fork. It didn't spear brisket as well as I hoped, but with the included knife, no worries. Still a cool little item.

Good to see that the Tactical Spork is getting some real-world use. And that brisket looks great!

Most of that sounds damn nice, Gus.

It really was. Just wish there were less bugs!

Sounds like a hell of a trip! I'm jealous!

This Saturday we're taking the inlaw's motor home out to a campground for some glamping.

Glamping sounds fabulous! Where are you heading? I assume the pup is coming with you?

27054320184_762776d6d5_b.jpg

It worked!!! Took forever but it worked!!!

This is Bill Siegle's bushcraft knife! Awesome Lil thing!

Thanks, W. This park was a great find for small outings. The 2 mi of trails will help build her stamina and we had her try a steep bank or two. It looks like she'll make a great hiking buddy. I can't wait to take her out.

Looks like little Leo is going to be no slouch too. :thumbup: My little sister's boyfriend has a Mastiff pup. He's the most chill puppy I've seen. Is that the same with yours?

Chill? More like BIPOLAR!!

One minute he is all chill, laying there looking cute and innocent, the next minute he jumps on me and tries to bite my beard over and over... He is VERY playful. But he is only 11 weeks old so he still in puppy mode LOL

I know a lot of Mastiff are very relaxed dogs and like to lay around a lot. Mixed with Lab might make him more energetic, but could/should also make him more easily trained as well. Having a 100 pound plus dog that doesnt listen could become an issue HAHA, but so far he is doing great with the little training i have done so far.

One minute he is all chill, laying there looking cute and innocent, the next minute he jumps on me and tries to bite my beard over and over... He is VERY playful. But he is only 11 weeks old so he still in puppy mode LOL

I know a lot of Mastiff are very relaxed dogs and like to lay around a lot. Mixed with Lab might make him more energetic, but could/should also make him more easily trained as well. Having a 100 pound plus dog that doesnt listen could become an issue HAHA, but so far he is doing great with the little training i have done so far.

Haha! It sounds like the Lab mixed in tossed a while card in there! Shoot, my puppy still likes to pounce up and try to sit on my shoulders to get my ears.... She's 9 months old, but she's also a nutcase sometimes when she's not ready to go to sleep.

Had a room mate with a mastiff. He was basically an adorable furry piece of decorative furniture. His name was Bear, it's one of those ironic names because bears don't get that big.

Haha! It sounds like the Lab mixed in tossed a while card in there! Shoot, my puppy still likes to pounce up and try to sit on my shoulders to get my ears.... She's 9 months old, but she's also a nutcase sometimes when she's not ready to go to sleep.

That sounds about right HAHA!! Neko has got to the point where he is mostly chill, but it took 2 years to get there. He still plays occasionally, but it doesnt last long before he plops on the ground and wants to relax.

Well i finally finished up this old trailer. Made it so i could take my little boat out by myself. Its a PITA trying to unload the boat out the back of the truck alone, very easy with 2 people though... But sometimes i want to go alone, or when everyone else is working. Now i can just back the trailer into the water and unload it by myself.

27055503514_bef385a3f9_z.jpg

This is how i got it... Free, but needed work as you can see.

26021404614_6f862c094d_z.jpg

Put new tires and wheels, ran new lights, raised it up a bit and added the carpeted "sliders". All in i got about $150 in it now. It doesnt look like much, but for the price im very happy with it LOL

Hey worldwood, it was nice to finally meet you at bladeshow

You as well brother!! It would of been nice to hang out a bit more... But there was just WAY too many people there and i had to break loose!! Next year im thinking ill stay the night to hang with everyone OUTSIDE the show in the evening, that way i get to spend a bit more time with everyone but not have to be crammed in a room like a sardine :D

Had a room mate with a mastiff. He was basically an adorable furry piece of decorative furniture. His name was Bear, it's one of those ironic names because bears don't get that big.

LOL, my wife is hoping the lab in him keeps him under 100 pounds, im hoping the mastiff dominates and makes him over 100 pounds. Either way he will be loved... And either way he will prolly take up a good portion of our bed.

The wife made the mistake of letting him sleep in bed with us, now at night he runs right up to the bed and the wife puts him beside her... I keep telling her when he gets bigger he is going to take up half the bed, she says good thing we have a Cali King sized bed, room for her and HIM LMAO

Nice pic!

That is a slick looking little knife.... Also, I can approve of this line up.

There is some excellent steel there. :thumbup:

Thanks guys!! I've been using photobucket for do long I never learned anything else. Time to learn.

Those were the ones out of the ten or so that I brought camping that I felt preformed the best. Still have a lot of testing to do though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back