Boos Blade Smoke TS1 Anticipation Thread (2nd Limited Run)

According to this Update from Boos Blades, these should be getting shipped in the next week or two. This run of 300 pcs offers some new colors, some of which are yet to be revealed. I ordered the Tumbled Obsidian Black thinking that only the scale color was optional. DOH!! Here's a recently posted preview of the Obsidian Black with what is clearly a coated blade. I'm a little anxious that the Tumbled Obsidian Black will be similarly monochromatic albeit with a stonewashed finish. It's not a deal breaker but I definitely need to adjust my expectations.

Who else is waiting and which ones are you waiting for?

3f0a07db-d328-4092-8dca-cb867c65d95a.jpg

I don't usually preorder a knife but I did so on the strength of WE's reputation. For the life of me I can't remember what color it was except it wasn't black or plain. :confused:

Considering how limited this knife is, I would have expected that a majority of the 300 units would have been bought by BF members. I'm surprised there aren't more of us anticipating these being shipped.

I pre-ordered the tumbled obsidian as well. I was assuming the blade would be a stonewash or something as well. After seeing the complete blackout in the email, now I’m not sure what to expect. Either way, I’m excited to get my smoke.

Anyone else find it peculiar that the Obsidian Smoke in the pic doesn't seem to have a sharpened edge?

Well I was hoping to stir up the buzz of a swarm of locusts with this thread but it seems it is struggling to inspire more than a lethargic twitch from a few butterflies.

A 2nd Run Smoke TS1 with Tumbled Obsidian finish. I am extremely content with this knife. It's a very sharp, perfectly symmetrical, smooth operating, professionally finished and expertly assembled offering from a prodigious designer and a competent manufacturer. This knife dares you not to give it due credit, and that is quite a challenge.

Having been under the impression that this knife could not be easily flicked open using the blade slit, based on previous reviews, one pleasant surprise is that I'm having little trouble flicking it open using my thumb or middle finger in the slit of the blade. Some folks may have trouble, but those with supple finger tips and sufficient dexterity, will find it a pleasant option.

This knife is begging for a super light variant with a Carbon fiber scale and backspacer.

38056131024_0b836d7375_k.jpg

Back