boot knife boots

I would assume tall ones. Honestly I have NO idea, but I don't think they make special boots for it.

I don't know where you would find them, but my uncle who is in his late 50's had a pair of boots that zipped up one side(I think). Kind of like engineer boots. It had and a sheath sewn to the inside, it was actually a part of the boot. The knife would slip into the boot about half way up the handle. I was just a kid so I don't know what ever happened to them or the knife. This is the only instance of this type of knife/boot combo that I know of.

Normally combat boots as suggested earlier.
But there is nothing to stop the imagination about where the boot-clip could be attached to.
Like, riggin'-up an ankle-strap from a wide strip of velcro-fastened elastic-band.
Just remember that ankle-wear of a boot knife under a pair of jeans and such, would be "concealed carry", and not recommended for lawful carry.

And you have to be super careful if it is double edged. Since I have found even if is ostensibly legal cops frown on CC carrying double edged knives, since there really isn't much reason for them.

Unless you keep the sheat of the knife on the outside... I guess there is no way you can weare lace up boots with a boot knife and be comfortable. Unless you wear your boots loose enough to be able to draw and resheat the knife without too much effort.
I think you need some kind of tall boot that fits loose.
Mikel

I carry my Cold Steel Safe Maker on my 5.11 boots, by removing the clip on the back of the Kydex sheath and running blousing straps through the mounting slots...securing it to the outside of the boot.

It conceals very well.

Get a texas toothpick, a sheath with a clip and then clip the works inside the top of your cowboy boots.

A boot knife will work with just about any boot, the problem is fastening it. If you use combat-like boots, you'll probably need a ankle type holster/sheath (That's what I do), & it works pretty good.

As for the height of the boot, I've used it on 3/4" length (About 5-6") to 9" boots.

As far as where to get them; go to any uniform shop that caters to LE/Safety (Police, Fire, & EMTs), & mail carriers. You should find something there. I don't know if they're still available, as I never tried them, but I recall a boot that was made for LE that had a strap system for a knife.

Again, as has been stated already, check out your local laws as to the legalities of it. While some states allow concealed FBs, most don't allow double edged ones.

I like Corcoran WWII style jump boots, 70chevelleguy...

DISCLAIMER: The preceding personal opinions are just that -- opinions. They were derived through study & reading, from conversations with other firearm enthusiasts, and by finalizing my own experiences regarding the subject at hand; the comments are not intended as a slight against any other opinion/opinions from forum members or administrators...

COLTM1911A1

thanks for all your input I have a pair of average working boots which dont work too bad my knife just moves around alot i guess i'll have to buy some new boots to have a better fit

How about you sew or glue a sort of retainer inside the boot where you want it? Either thin leather or even elastic should be enough to keep the knife and sheath from moving around.
Greg

You need something with a loose top and not too tall, or it will be difficult to get to your blade easily. Mid-tall cowboy boots, especially ropers, are the best. They are just the right height to easily raise your pants leg and draw the blade quickly. Next, I would suggest mid-length Wellingtons. Biker Boots (with the side ring and square toes) are OK, but a little tall. Wear loose-legged pants with them, like dockers, so you can easily and quickly raise your trouser leg to draw the blade. Make sure your sheath is the boot, or belt clip-type, so it will ride properly and securely in your boot.

Also, check your local laws and be sure it is legal to carry a blade in this manner where you live, and the types of blades allowed.

Back