Boots is Boots

Share your favorite work/daily-wear boots. If they've got a story, or if the picture does, tell it. As is protocol, I'll go first.

JTL0heG.jpg

Red Wing 402
Had these for about 8 years. Got them as remuneration from the company when I was commissioned to make a shelf for their headquarters. They're getting ruined after all these years of abuse and neglect, but I still adore the damned things. This photo was taken on the roof of the National Farmer's Bank in Owatonna, Minnesota. The bank is a gorgeous old building that I helped restore during my summer as a stone mason's assistant/laborer.

Same here but my Red Wings have the beige sole. Expensive but almost indestructible.

I am a big fan of Blundstones as well. I finally wore out a pair I wore almost daily for a decade last year and have been wearing these ones a lot since..

E0BD0735-CD4F-4F4D-81EA-A2315721B9FD.jpeg

Twisted X buckaroo boots. Great boot for the money. I wore these till the linings rotted away. Still in the closet somewhere:

waJC3NV.jpg

nlDT6FK.jpg

PThGLZe.jpg

They'd done every kind of ranch work there is in all weathers. Not work here I'm checking to see if there were any knife handles in this old burl. Wasn't, not really.

sZq5fC3.jpg

Kzs1JIH.jpg

Heck we even play Bball in boots:

XRM8nTt.jpg

N43BB2R.jpg

Had these ones made for the wife. She loves em.

fXlOy4M.jpg

Y6VRReB.jpg

Had these custom built for me by Ozuna Boot Co. Craftsmanship is second to none.

kqO48FM.jpg

Lots of stitching in them puppies.

ijyu88c.jpg

zFPShwb.jpg

The two of us and our boots:

m7QKt0Z.jpg

Previous pair of 8” RedWing that were discontinued so I had to find something else.
47E1D407-9A9D-4099-9546-950F9B80A4DE.jpeg 087E7299-FD99-4D9B-B9B8-A7BB4293E562.jpeg

Current RedWing 82406 6”
These are the first pair of boots I get 2 full years of use out of and the first pair that I have replaced with the exact same thing. I only wish they had the pull loop on the back as opposed to a pull tab but it’s not a deal breaker.
86583DB6-74B5-4F57-AAF2-8785B771F21F.jpeg

I can't post pics here, but... I've had a pair of Filson Uplanders that are going on 19-20 yrs old now. Still in great shape. Owe a lot to Obenauf's LP in keeping them that way.

Also a big fan of my Red Wings, these are probably going on 5 years at least, the wide toes on this model look a bit clown-shoey but they are super comfortable :)

Screenshot_20180818-214048.png

~Chip

I'll be in the market for a good pair of work Boots in the months to come, Redwings is by far the name most thrown around.

Hey Horsewright Horsewright , where did you find a pair of Twisted X Buckaroos with a red shaft? I looked at their website and only found offerings in light brown. Do they have some kind of custom shop or did you just happen upon a limited run?

They are very old oldmanwilly oldmanwilly from when Twisted X first got started as a company. I've got a pair of green tall tops from them as well. I've seen em kinda change their designs every couple of years or so. Yeah I just checked out their site, hadn't been on it in years. They use to have a whole buckaroo boot section now only two pair.

Couple more pics of my Ozuna's in action. These pics were Sunday evening.

nEvPtpa.jpg

781SIW9.jpg

And the wife's:

zSk2Mcb.jpg

D1IPhDD.jpg

Ngtu6Ab.jpg

Top pair are Bates, found them as a "one off" for like $35. Awesome deal, I've beat the crap out of them and the stitching is still holding, with limited conditioning.

The black danners are excellent as well, what I like most is I can send them to get resouled anytime.
I'll be doing that soon, I wore a nice flat spot on the bottom.

Back