Boots is Boots

Call me a fool, but I had one for almost 5 years (and still have them) they are from an unknown brand (small local brand) and those are the best ones I have ever had.

Peter Limmer & Sons from Intervale , NH. I got these boots in 1975 and have resoled them three times. These boots don't owe me anything.
IMG_20181205_120947770.jpg

IMG_20181205_121016567.jpg

Depends what I'm doing, Where I work (indoors) I dont need specific footwear so I wear different style sneakers Adidas and Vans. If I'm going out in the field which is usually to a construction site I wear a pair of old faithfulls, Redwing. I have the grey hiker type boots with a composite toe. Can't beat Redwing probably the most comfortable work boot out there. Use to wear the Redwing loggers when I worked for the Cable and then the phone company. When I'm out in the wilds of New Jersey I wear a pair of Colombia hikers, and if it's muddy to all hell I'll throw on a pair of muck boots.

Several years ago my daughter moved to Texas and on my first visit to see the grandchildren I decided to look for a pair of western style boots. Imagine my surprise when just about every pair that I could find was made in China!!! John Wayne was rolling in his grave!

After several attempts I came across a pair that looked different... even from a distance. They were kinda rough looking, scuffed and a light colored leather with no gloss whatsoever. (Nice Vibram like soles though.)

I tried them on and they were perfect. The cashier had never seen a pair like them and when she looked for a stock number or a price she couldn't find either. The inside was labeled in Sharpie!

The manager came by and said that they had been made locally as a special order and never picked up. They just about have them to me.

They are just about my favorite boots ever.

Pics to come...

p9VdA6E.jpg

I recently invested on RedWing Roughnecks because they looked so smexy and because of the praise they get. Most solid shoes I've ever had. I've also had lots of compilments on them. :D

Here's my beautiful new Thorogood 814-4364 8" boots.

Boy do I love these boots.
I wasn't sure what I was going to go with, but I'm definitely glad I went with the 8's I love the extra support over a 6" height.
The classic moc toe boots is nice but I love a plain toe even more.
They're such a great pair of boots and we'll worth the $210 shipped I payed with the T shirt and nicer laces Midwest boots tossed in for me.
They came with a nice good quality lace, but these match the boots so much better than the classic red/ yellow lace you get with most boots.

Those look great, I've been wanting to get some Thorogoods in a similar configuration. I think I'd like to go with a composite plain toe.

Those look great, I've been wanting to get some Thorogoods in a similar configuration. I think I'd like to go with a composite plain toe.
If you order online go Midwest boots, you can get a free T shirt, and they might even be available with the free gift laces.
They have these in a comp for btw, not much more than these were.

I am a city mailman. My route is almost 7 miles a day. Rain, snow, or summer humidity I wear Keen shoes or boots to protect my feet. These are Keen Pittsburgh boots. They are by far the best winter boots I have ever had! My summer boots are Keen Tarahee IIs

image.jpg

I am a city mailman. My route is almost 7 miles a day. Rain, snow, or summer humidity I wear Keen shoes or boots to protect my feet. These are Keen Pittsburgh boots. They are by far the best winter boots I have ever had! My summer boots are Keen Tarahee IIs

View attachment 1202538
Nice. Do you have wide feet by any chance? I remember trying keens and they weren’t wide enough. I was looking for EEE.

And can be bought in W too for even more room.
Yes, W is too narrow = EE. (I’ve tried them on —about 10 years ago— and just checked their size chart. I was hoping they had made some changes.)

I need EEE. It’s a challenge finding footwear. The tecnica boots I like are no longer made and/or sold in USA.

Thanks.

Last edited:
2123DC73-F02F-4BC1-B1E1-2E80336ECAB3.jpeg Thorogoods are basically it for me. Can’t beat the comfort. Lace up, pull on, wedge sole, defined heel, tobacco leather, trail crazy horse leather, black walnut leather. Any of them will be a winner. I’ve got almost ten pair and keep them in rotation. Couldn’t quite fit them all in one picture :D but these three are my favorite models

Back