1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boots is Boots

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Gear' started by HMHaines, Aug 17, 2018.

1. Bigfattyt

Bigfattyt Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 23, 2007
    I like these Danner Mountain light II hikers.

These are over 10 years old.

[​IMG]

I have a pair of nearly identical boots from Cabelas made the same way, same soles, etc that are 16 years and in need of a re-sole. (I wore them on an 17 mile in a day hike, where a good portion was in the sun on asphalt, and the adhesive on the soles/tread finally gave up).

I also have a pair of Timberland Pro steel toed that are really going strong after 15 years.

[​IMG]

Horsewright likes this.
  2. Mad_Adam

Mad_Adam

Nov 22, 2018
    Call me a fool, but I had one for almost 5 years (and still have them) they are from an unknown brand (small local brand) and those are the best ones I have ever had.

3. Invoice

Invoice Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 3, 2006
    Peter Limmer & Sons from Intervale , NH. I got these boots in 1975 and have resoled them three times. These boots don't owe me anything.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Piso Mojado

Piso Mojado Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 11, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
    boostr and Horsewright like this.
  5. boostr

boostr Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 16, 2013
    Depends what I'm doing, Where I work (indoors) I dont need specific footwear so I wear different style sneakers Adidas and Vans. If I'm going out in the field which is usually to a construction site I wear a pair of old faithfulls, Redwing. I have the grey hiker type boots with a composite toe. Can't beat Redwing probably the most comfortable work boot out there. Use to wear the Redwing loggers when I worked for the Cable and then the phone company. When I'm out in the wilds of New Jersey I wear a pair of Colombia hikers, and if it's muddy to all hell I'll throw on a pair of muck boots.

6. onekerf

onekerf Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Not my daily wear, but in cold, damp, or snowy conditions, LL Bean's Signature Waxed-Canvas Maine Hunting Boot. 20190328_163649.jpg

boostr and jeepin like this.
  7. Top's Custom Kydex

Top's Custom Kydex

Apr 21, 2014
    Several years ago my daughter moved to Texas and on my first visit to see the grandchildren I decided to look for a pair of western style boots. Imagine my surprise when just about every pair that I could find was made in China!!! John Wayne was rolling in his grave!

After several attempts I came across a pair that looked different... even from a distance. They were kinda rough looking, scuffed and a light colored leather with no gloss whatsoever. (Nice Vibram like soles though.)

I tried them on and they were perfect. The cashier had never seen a pair like them and when she looked for a stock number or a price she couldn't find either. The inside was labeled in Sharpie!

The manager came by and said that they had been made locally as a special order and never picked up. They just about have them to me.

They are just about my favorite boots ever.

Pics to come...

8. Hickory n steel

Hickory n steel

Feb 11, 2016
    My current work boots.
    [​IMG]

9. A.L.

A.L.

Jun 27, 2007
    [​IMG]

I recently invested on RedWing Roughnecks because they looked so smexy and because of the praise they get. Most solid shoes I've ever had. I've also had lots of compilments on them. :D

Grateful likes this.
  10. The Zieg

The Zieg

Jan 31, 2002
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Work gear for me.

Zieg

Last edited: Apr 13, 2019
    Hard Knocks likes this.