Bose Knives

Is that the "tree" knife? If so, you should. It's no longer mint in any case.

;)

Ha....you are certainly an old-time bladeforumer if you remember all the Bose knives I stuck in trees and photographed ;)

This has to one of my favorite patterns

RB%20Stockman%20Closed.jpg

I have sent some knives back to Wilfred Works for a Fluff and Buff and had the occasion to catch up with Tony Bose both by phone and text. Tony has encouraged me to go to the Blade Show. He says he will have about 8 knives to sell. He has sent me a few preview pictures. Some of these may be sold, but any of these are a good reason to make your reservations to go.

This is a Banana knife. Hudson Bay Hunting Knife in the old days. Don't let the lock back escape your notice! 5 3/8" closed.

Bose-worthy stag for sure! Tony says:

"I make them sometimes in classic old patterns. I dont take orders anymore but when i make one its usually for someone. Wouldnt want anyone to think i couldnt do it. "

TBBananna by sc-sld, on Flickr

The other side looks pretty good, too.

TBBananna3 by sc-sld, on Flickr

Last edited:
This might be the last word in a Back Pocket style only to the next level. More Bose-worthy stag, too.

Re-looking at the recent history, this is a Tony Bose Wilfred Lockback Hunter on the frame of a Remington 1306. (Thanks to JH for the clarification.) Tony sent me the pictures with the note below:

"They were made for the hunting coat pocket. I do carry a R 1306 bullet in my backpocket though. Dont even know it's there."

This is Tony's (An acid etched A2 reblade project of an actual old Remington 1306 Bullet knife I believe) Flat grind. No swedege:

TBreblade by sc-sld, on Flickr

This TB knockoff can be yours, but only if you get to the Blade Show. (Where does he get that stag?) You should also notice that this version has a swedge on top vs. the more authentic TB 1306 and the RB version.

TBBackpocket by sc-sld, on Flickr

TBBackpocketREV by sc-sld, on Flickr

TB1306C by sc-sld, on Flickr

TB1306D by sc-sld, on Flickr

TB1306A by sc-sld, on Flickr

Last edited:
Fibermascus is bright orange but you have to baby it, and be careful not to scratch it. It needs a bolster on the bottom because if you drop it, you could damage it. G-10 orange, on the other hand, will take a beating but not a shine. Tony says this "juma" orange material will be the best of both worlds. This little fixed blade alone is worth a trip to Blade.

Campbell, this one would look good sticking in a tree!

Tony says:

"Here is a little fixed blade i put that orange juma on. I like this stuff."

TBFixedjuma by sc-sld, on Flickr

Last edited:
Skip thanks for posting those . I love em all but that little teardrop is really neat :thumbup:

Last edited:
Tony just sent me a few more pictures in case you are waffling on your Blade Show reservations.

This nice Stag Zulu will be there. The stag is Bose-worthy.

Just to clarify, I do not have these knives to sell. You have to go to the Blade Show first.

TBZulu by sc-sld, on Flickr

TBZulu2 by sc-sld, on Flickr

TBZulu3 by sc-sld, on Flickr

Last edited:
Last edited:
I really like that Zulu. The houndstooth shield fits perfect with the pattern and the stag.

Nothing to say but WOW. The dogleg with flush joints got me strong, like Sheffield Taylor's eye witness
Thanks for sharing.

Mike

Watch what happens here! This is what Tony is working on today and for the next day or so as it comes together. The commentary is all TB.

TBSBJWIP by sc-sld, on Flickr

"Ground, swedged and finished."

TBSBJa by sc-sld, on Flickr

"Bushing sized and timed."

TBSBJb by sc-sld, on Flickr

TBSBJc by sc-sld, on Flickr

TBSBJd by sc-sld, on Flickr

"All tuned up. The spring is flush in all positions. R1306 Remington in the background for size reference. My everyday carry."

TBSBJe by sc-sld, on Flickr

"3 1/4" closed"

TBSBJf by sc-sld, on Flickr

SBJa by sc-sld, on Flickr

SBJb by sc-sld, on Flickr

"I'm not going to flute this one cause the ivory was too thin to do it."

SBJc by sc-sld, on Flickr

SBa by sc-sld, on Flickr

SBb by sc-sld, on Flickr

SBc by sc-sld, on Flickr

SBe by sc-sld, on Flickr

SBf by sc-sld, on Flickr

SBg by sc-sld, on Flickr

SBh by sc-sld, on Flickr

SBi by sc-sld, on Flickr

SBk by sc-sld, on Flickr

"Got her done. This is really nice ivory."

SBj by sc-sld, on Flickr

Last edited:
Too nice NOT to carry. I hope the Blade Show crowd likes stag!

Tony says:

"Here is a 4 1/2" BackPocket going to the blade show. Ground finish D2 steel made for performance. All my knives are made to work. All are deep cryo heat treated"

TBD2BP by sc-sld, on Flickr

TBD2BP3 by sc-sld, on Flickr

TBD2BP2 by sc-sld, on Flickr

Last edited:
Back