Bose Knives

Tony, if you are reading this, I am curious about the choice of D-2 for a top of the line knife like the Wharncliffe Lockback Whittler #0.

SLBW2 008 by sc-sld, on Flickr

You make so many knives in 154CM and ATS34, what pushed you in the direction of D-2 for this one?

Tony, if you are reading this, I am curious about the choice of D-2 for a top of the line knife like the Wharncliffe Lockback Whittler #0.

SLBW2 008 by sc-sld, on Flickr

You make so many knives in 154CM and ATS34, what pushed you in the direction of D-2 for this one?

The fellow I made that for had it made to use. He has about a dozen of my knives and uses them all. Lost it once and went back the next day and found it in some leaves. Had his butt puckered pretty tight, panic I think is the word. Haaa. D2 is one of the best using steels out there if properly heat treated.

Awesome, thanks for sharing.
I would love to have one of those.... I would maybe trade all of my Bose knives for one.:)
Well maybe not all, lol
But a few anyways.

This one would sure fit nice in my pocket. Is there a finished pic?

26663844371_67cae0e641_b.jpg

Sure is fun seeing these work in progress pictures! Makes me realize I need to own a T Bose knife someday, I hope I get the chance. I've had a knife from all the makers I really like except Tony...I need something from the one who started it all.

Love the use of a bushing on even the small blades, taking that extra step that so many find unnecessary is one thing that sets these apart.

Thanks very much for posting these knives, and the WIP pictures, its been a great read.
Tony is a true Gent and has helped me many times, with any problems i have when making these gems.
All the best

Paul

I haven't posted any new ones lately, so here we go.
Hope you enjoy them.
Thanks.

BA57034C-663C-4D2E-8E23-BF682AE4500C.jpg
The Wharncliffe whittler is beautiful... Beautiful. I can only hope for Tony to collaborate with Case on one like that, more graceful than the lockback IMO. Nice collection.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Happy Birthday Tony! Thanks for your devotion to the betterment of the traditional knife community.

bosecollection1.jpg

Back