Bose Knives

New TB Clip Dogleg Jack in 440V. I love the symmetry of the blade and the handle in this photo.

You don't see many of these.

clipdogleg by sc-sld, on Flickr

This knife is just amazing. I just acquired a 2003 Bose/Case Dogleg and it is by far my favorite pattern. This here is just something else. Absolutely amazing knife you have here.

Nice of you to notice. I completely agree. This is the best one I have seen by far. Tony told me the match striker pull is the first and last one he has done in 440V, so this one is unique. The stag is perfect, too. Here are a couple more shots from my iPhone.

IMG_1537 by sc-sld, on Flickr

IMG_1536 by sc-sld, on Flickr

IMG_1535 by sc-sld, on Flickr

Last edited:
Fun one by Reese. 4” Backpocket in koa and 440V.
TYDZM5V.jpg

Thank you! I may be wrong, but I believe this is the first time he’s used koa. Turned out pretty cool.

I’m guessing it’s the first time as well. I had that piece of Koa for a few years waiting to use it on something. When Reese agreed to put it on that knife, I was pretty excited. I didn’t know that he’d make it so thick so it caught me off guard. I was expecting it to be nice and slim, not thicker than most multiblade knives I have. Oh well, you win some and you lose some!

Glad you picked it up though because it’s an awesome knife! If I had the intention to never use it, I would have kept it but that wasn’t the case this time.

I’m guessing it’s the first time as well. I had that piece of Koa for a few years waiting to use it on something. When Reese agreed to put it on that knife, I was pretty excited. I didn’t know that he’d make it so thick so it caught me off guard. I was expecting it to be nice and slim, not thicker than most multiblade knives I have. Oh well, you win some and you lose some!

Glad you picked it up though because it’s an awesome knife! If I had the intention to never use it, I would have kept it but that wasn’t the case this time.
Thank you! That koa is really beautiful. Sorry it didn’t work, here’s hoping the next one will!

I have had them thick and thin, from micarta, to ivory, to bone, to stag. Never seen one in wood myself, but I have never seen anything out of the Bose shop that was not worthy of my pocket.

Well I’m not being ungrateful, I just know what I like and prefer is all. I’d rather see someone carry it and enjoy it rather than it sit in a zippered case. I’m sure you’ve passed on plenty of knives because they weren’t what you wanted. I can’t keep them all! Lol. I’d have a room full of knives and not enough pockets or room on my belt for them!

Well I’m not being ungrateful, I just know what I like and prefer is all. I’d rather see someone carry it and enjoy it rather than it sit in a zippered case. I’m sure you’ve passed on plenty of knives because they weren’t what you wanted. I can’t keep them all! Lol. I’d have a room full of knives and not enough pockets or room on my belt for them!

Not second guessing your decision. I know the feeling. Not enough pockets!

Happy Thanksgiving. On the Bose thread, we are all very fortunate.

Tony and I had a nice exchange today which I am sharing with his permission. I told him how many compliments I get on my new 440V Clip Dogleg below.

Then Tony said:

Doglegs have always been a favorite of mine. I’m taking one to the blade show with an A2 Blade. I like A2. It really cuts.

Me: You like it better than 440v?

TB: Some things it cuts better. Doesn’t hold as good an edge. But good. I like carbon steel. A2 is tuff as Chinese algebra. U can grind it real thin. It’s carved wood, cuts leather, whittles, and cuts meat better than 440v. But if u get into anything abrasive the edge won’t last as long. It will get scary sharp too. Of course it has to be heat treated properly. Made myself a trapper with A2.

TB: I don’t acid etch them anymore. I dip them in cold blue then sand it off with 6000 grit cloth. I like it better. Looks more like a natural patina. U need to clean the blades with acetone before u blue them. I use Birchwood Casey I got at Walmart. I dipped it. It will be a little dark blue when u do it and will lighten a little as u use it. I like A2.

Other side with a little wear.

Last edited:
Excellent stag on that WT! I love A2 as well when it’s done right. I know it’s not a Bose but it is the BP pattern (4” at that) and Bret certainly ground the A2 nice and thin. It originally had a nice uniform acid etch finish but with use, it always changes. It’s like patina over a patina lol.

142447D6-9E04-4A47-8721-F1EDEF2570A6.jpeg

Back