Bose Knives

In my exchange with Tony, I complimented the distinctive Tony Bose stag.

TB: Stag has dried up. It’s hard to get stag for this size knife that has good texture. U can make about anything work on a fixed blade. Not so on a pocketknife. It has to be just right.

TB: I won’t use stag unless it’s pretty good. This was nice stag.

Last edited:
One more thing from Tony in the stag department: We all have plenty of knives. How are you fixed for forks?

TB: This old pot fork goes back to the 1800s I believe. I give $15 for it. It’s spring tempered carbon steel. I called it a pot fork but I don’t know that. It’s got to be for picking up big chunks of meat. I have several carving sets. That’s not what it is. Forged with a tapered tang and a distal taper on the tines.

I just had to put a stag handle on it.

TB: Pretty neat. It’s 14” long You could pick a hog up with it.

TB: It’s not out of a carving set. It’s much heavier. It’s the second one I’ve done like this.
This one is marked Lamson. The other one was just like it but not marked

It would look nice on my Christmas table.

Last edited:
Nice Stag examples. Tony and Reese know how to pick the material, when it's available!
I remember seeing Reese walking away from a suppliers table at the Blade Show, with so much Stag, he was dropping it all over the place!!:D
Too bad it's in such short supply now. That was a dozen years ago!

On a much simpler note, here are a couple of plain, old-style Barlows with saw-cut bone handles!!:)
Wilfred pair 1.jpg Wilfred pair 2.jpg

waynorth waynorth plain is not a proper description :D
Welllll . . . . . . . .there are a few bells and whistles!!:p

Say, Jerry, I am a little confused about the "0" marking, vs. "proto" markings etc. Do you know where I can find the answers? I have plain forgotten the definitions!!:rolleyes:

Welllll . . . . . . . .there are a few bells and whistles!!:p

Say, Jerry, I am a little confused about the "0" marking, vs. "proto" markings etc. Do you know where I can find the answers? I have plain forgotten the definitions!!:rolleyes:

Charlie, IIRC the "0" is the first knife made after the prototype. But my memory isn't so good either...

I agree with JB the zero mark denotes the first in a run and is thus special :)

Where is Kerry these days???:confused:

Nice Stag examples. Tony and Reese know how to pick the material, when it's available!
I remember seeing Reese walking away from a suppliers table at the Blade Show, with so much Stag, he was dropping it all over the place!!:D
Too bad it's in such short supply now. That was a dozen years ago!

On a much simpler note, here are a couple of plain, old-style Barlows with saw-cut bone handles!!:)
View attachment 811729 View attachment 811730
Beautiful barlows! Are those in the 3 1/2" range?

Thanks, Jerry.

It is actually green micarta. There may be room for a little more light in the photo.

The knife itself will make quick work of a turkey or a ham. It screams through a porterhouse!

Happy New Year bump, slimline trapper #2, 154CM.

rboseivoryslimline1.jpg

Back