Bose Knives

I just got this one direct from Tony a few days ago.

This thread has been way too quiet! I regularly follow bose.tony on Instagram, and it looks like Tony turns out a new knife about once every week or so. He posts lots of great information and work in progress photographs. Any of those knives for any of you guys? Anyone have anything to report about Tony or his knives?

I have had the pleasure and honor to get to know him a bit. All I can say is that he is a true gentleman. He has as much integrity as talent, and it makes owning one of his knives even more special.

View attachment 1261192 View attachment 1261193
Fantastic knife, the handle looks incredible!
Thanks for showing this beauty.

View attachment 1261343 View attachment 1261342 View attachment 1261341

Thanks so much to all of you for your compliments. Most knives Tony Bose has anything to do with turn out great.

I believe his Sowbelly design for Case is one of his best. I am hoping this might be used as the collaboration knife one year. Maybe a single blade version?

View attachment 1261309 View attachment 1261310

His Wharncliff Trapper collaboration knife is almost as good as custom. I can see why this pattern is Tony’s favorite. Two useful blades in a compact package that is easy to carry.

View attachment 1261294 View attachment 1261295

My first original by the Old Dog was a shadow Stag Zulu. What a dinger as he would say! Smooth edges all around, perfectly balanced, and a blued A 2 steel blade. Lots of people copy his Zulu blade, but Tony’s has a unique look.

View attachment 1261306 View attachment 1261307

Tony says that the Saddlehorn is the pattern that made Wilfred Works what it is. The one he made for me is every bit as well made as the Zulu. Both knives have a life to them that other customs just don’t. I am also a firm believer that his use of a pivot bushing makes a world of difference. The bushing combined with the shape of the spring make these knives ring like a bell or a tuning fork when they snap open. They are truly bank vault smooth, and I am convinced that the bushing is the reason. Hardly any friction at all.

Last edited:
Very nice. I love the blued A2 blades. This is a great example. Is this the one he posted on Instagram? If so, it must have been great to watch it come together.

As Tony said with his typical understatement, "The saddlehorn is the pattern that put Wilfred on the map. I’ve never had trouble selling one."

Last edited:
Happy Birthday Tony!

My favorite … the blade, the stag, the fit and finish, 440V, perfect.

bosestagtrapper5.jpg

DSCN2875 by sc-sld, on Flickr

DSCN2862 by sc-sld, on Flickr

I have been carrying all my Bose knives in turn during the pandemic. This is one I bought from Vince and it is one of my favorites. 4" closed. 440V. Thin to carry and the thin blade must be from Tony's 20" wheel. It feels hollow ground and super sharp. It is a big knife that carries small. I almost don't know it is in my pocket. This one is a winner. I love the second nail nick. It is special.

Am I the only one who still posts on this thread? Have you all moved to Instagram?

Last edited:

I have been carrying all my Bose knives in turn during the pandemic. This is one I bought from Vince and it is one of my favorites. 4" closed. 440V. Thin to carry and the thin blade must be from Tony's 20" wheel. It feels hollow ground and super sharp. It is a big knife that carries small. I almost don't know it is in my pocket. This one is a winner. I love the second nail nick. It is special.

Am I the only one who still posts on this thread? Have you all moved to Instagram?
I still read this thread avidly, S sierracharlie but can no longer afford Tony's knives in retirement! Please keep posting!!

I still read this thread avidly, S sierracharlie but can no longer afford Tony's knives in retirement! Please keep posting!!

Nice one! I too appreciate seeing the Bose knives posted. Not sure I added my newest collaboration Coffin Jack, but here it is. Thanks to Charlie, Mike, Duncan, Paul, Dave and Neal!
And alas, I'm retired too. My custom knife buying has taken a back seat to other things.
4s9wwQA.jpg

Back