Bought a Strider SMF - Looks 100% Legit - What do you think?

Addicted_to_Knives

Gold Member
Hello everyone!

I was finally able to get me my dream knife - Strider SMF... Bought it off ebay. Great deal + reputable seller! all perfect.

However Striders are one of the most counterfeited knives. And what makes it even worse is the fact that Mick Strider himself can not differentiate between the real vs fake one.

The worst thing is the fact that Strider symbols & logos and how & where he puts them on knives change slightly batch vs batch.....some say the flying penis logo should be a bit different design... Some knives just say Strider... some M. Strider... WTF!

Personally I believe and hope this is 100% legit!

What do you think? Please help with your expert opinion...

uZDfhyF.png

wEjGRwK.jpg

PQnSrfx.jpg

Last edited:
It's way too hard to buy Striders. How can a design that would sell consistently at $400+ if always in stock everywhere, never be in stock anywhere? So much money left on the table. He should just OEM with Microtech or Southern Grind so we can all have easy to buy SNGs and SMFs.

Good luck on your authenticity search. I'm no expert, but I've never seen a clone that good (and since it's nearly impossible to buy a real SNG, I've shopped around).

I agree with the above post. looks too well done to be a fake but I'm no expert either.

If you do a search and find other Striders exactly as yours, you’ll see those sold here look the same as yours. Based on that, it’s the real deal.

I've never owned a Strider but I find this hard to believe.

I don't hang on every word from Mick Strider, but last I heard was that they didn't want to authentic by photo-they needed to see the knife to be certain. If they can't be sure, I don't see how we could.
but I see nothing wrong with it.

Back