Bought Myself Early Christmas Present

You will love it. I bought the standard 112 auto about a month ago and haven't been without it a single day. It is heavy and I have to carry it in a belt pouch while modern flippers are lighter, can be carried in your pocket, and open just as easy; the 112 auto is still the coolest knife ever. Nothing feels better in the hand than a 112 and the weight is part of that feel. The auto feature just makes it that much better. Of course my daily driver is a stock '59 Chevy pickup and I make knives for a living so I might not be the most practical guy in the world either. I don't think that you will be disappointed though.

I’ve gone back and forth on one of those since I’ve seen them. One of the biggest selling points to me would be Buck’s undeniably great warranty. If anything ever went wrong, you could trust them to get it fixed right and back in to you in no time. Hope you enjoy the purchase, and I for one, am interested in seeing it when it arrives.

Thanks for the input. I debated with myself and decided I really like the look of the silver and black and splurged.
I kept going back and forth between the two, but was drawn to the Elite.
Now the real hard part (after paying) is the wait.

I would probably prefer the blade steel upgrade of the Elite with the standard brass bolsters and wood scales but they don't offer it at this time. The brass and wood aren't the best materials for the job but they are what the knives I lusted after in the '70s were made of. In reality, I will probably never notice the difference between the steels anyway.

I just liked the black and silver, blade upgrade was a bonus, but in reality I probably won’t notice a difference either.

I prefer the silver bolsters myself, and have been going back and forth as well on the elite version! I probably won’t make it much longer before pulling the trigger on one...

Arrived yesterday. Solid build, feels good so far.
WhD1ksb.jpg

0fwSIGN.jpg

Be mindful of what may happen if you do need warranty service and are not a member of Military or law Enforcement tho... Ive read where you may be out of luck. Someone in the know pleases clarify if you know for certain.

Be mindful of what may happen if you do need warranty service and are not a member of Military or law Enforcement tho... Ive read where you may be out of luck. Someone in the know pleases clarify if you know for certain.
It depends on the laws in your state. I would discuss your situation with Buck before shipping for warranty service to make sure they can/will ship it back.

Good info to know. It’s legal for average citizen to own and carry here now.

I believe it's a federal law not a state one that governs sending autos back for service.

I do know they are legal in my state but a friend sent a 110 in for service and was told couldn't be sent back to him. Not sure why or if there was more to the story. Hey, not trying to stir things up in a negative way as I love the products and have a 110 auto myself but I'm sure anyone considering one of these great knives might want to be aware of everything before investing hard earned money.

Fairly sure it's state, not federal.

Yep, State Law whether legal or not. There is a Commerce law though, Federal, Buck has been working to get it overturned or amended. It's in one of the newsletters from the last few months. If I remember right it has also come up in this forum not too long ago...

Yep, State Law whether legal or not. There is a Commerce law though, Federal, Buck has been working to get it overturned or amended. It's in one of the newsletters from the last few months. If I remember right it has also come up in this forum not too long ago...

I believe it's a commerce law that is currently not strictly enforced by all firms or the govt. but is still a law. For buying an auto, Buck's site says "active service credentials required". I think that would apply to repairs.

The thing is, it also states that for the Talon? That one I don't get? It makes no sense to me....But when the Talon was BOTM they didn't have a problem sending it to whoever wanted one? Go on the website and try and order that one and you have to have the credentials????

The thing is, it also states that for the Talon? That one I don't get? It makes no sense to me....But when the Talon was BOTM they didn't have a problem sending it to whoever wanted one? Go on the website and try and order that one and you have to have the credentials????
I asked that question in an email and got the following response "Yeah they others were built and designed with another company for military use. But since we tweaked it a little bit we were able to sell this version. You do not need credentials to buy the 808 Buck of the Month Talon.". The first sentence was in reference to the existing Buck Talon FMC 0808BRX1-B. The second/third sentences were in reference to the BOTM version of the Talon. They went on to mention that they think that contract with the original Talon will end soon and once that does they can lift the service credentials restriction.

Back