• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bowie in O-1 and Ringed Gidgee Repost price drop

Robert Erickson

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Hi guys,
I'm reposting this Bowie I recently finished up. It's O-1 steel heat treated by Peter's to RC59 and the Ringed Gidgee is from The Timber Joint and has some of the best figure I've seen. The guard is brass and the the spacer is carbon fiber/brass weave. The balance point is about an inch ahead of the guard so it's slightly weight forward. The swedge is not sharpened.

SPECS:
OAL: 16"
BLADE: 9.5" long, 1.5" wide, full flat grind with slight convex at the edge which is 0.015" before sharpening. 600 grit hand sanded finish.
STEEL: 0.25" O-1 at RC59
HANDLE: Ringed Gidgee, brass guard, carbon fiber/brass weave spacer, mosaic pin.
SHEATH: Handmade stacked leather.
$405 Shipped CONUS, international buyers welcome shipping extra.
Paypal, checks or money orders accepted.
Post "I'll take it" here in this thread and then PM or email me for arrangements.
Comments/Questions/Critiques welcome.
Thanks for looking!

lMDW0lt.jpg

0VsgdZ8.jpg

gtmV2y4.jpg

1z72lB6.jpg

oNZULIg.jpg

qDs8Qds.jpg

Mu93hux.jpg

rvomIHX.jpg

Thank you gentlemen!

very nice,,,I am thinking hard about this. I think I bought one of your kitchen knifes? a paring knife

If I recall correctly it was an AEB-L kitchen prep knife with SS bolsters and natural micarta handles.

Back