Box-o-knives GAW round 21 ( new rule )

Hoping I can be in.... Posted previously.
As long as you promise to take what you want, add what you want of equal quality and pass it on to the next person if you were to win the I'd be happy to add you to the list.

When this GAW was first going around someone sadly won the box and was never heard from again.
I don't know if something could have happened to the person or if the explanation is more nefarious, but this is what happened.
I do not remember if there was a post count requirement ( ie you had to be a known regular around here ) so I'll just go ahead and add you with Hope's you're s great guy who plans to stick around and share in the love of traditional knives.

As long as you promise to take what you want, add what you want of equal quality and pass it on to the next person if you were to win the I'd be happy to add you to the list.

When this GAW was first going around someone sadly won the box and was never heard from again.
I don't know if something could have happened to the person or if the explanation is more nefarious, but this is what happened.
I do not remember if there was a post count requirement ( ie you had to be a known regular around here ) so I'll just go ahead and add you with Hope's you're s great guy who plans to stick around and share in the love of traditional knives.

Sorry, I didn't realize there was a minimum post count or that this was only for certain folk. Feel free to take me off.

Sorry, I didn't realize there was a minimum post count or that this was only for certain folk. Feel free to take me off.
I do not remember if there was or not so I added you.

Really the idea of this thread is for the folks who regularly hand around here in the traditional section to swap and share knives they're no longer using, as long as you intend to hang around and regularly share in the love of traditional knives I see no reason you shouldn't be eligible as far as I'm concerned.

I hope it doesn't seem too strange that I'm proposing to limit the ammonut of generosity in this GAW.

I didn't think my contributions to this box would change much, but I actually managed to add about $3 to the shipping costs which was a real eye opener.
It sure doesn't take much.

When I went to ship this the lady at the counter actually quoted me $68 and for a second I didn't question it :eek:
Then she realized she had made an error and the price was obviously nowhere near that much for this 8lb box ( I was gonna ship it anyways) .

If we keep going at this rate I can imagine it actually getting to be that much, and I'm not sure anyone would still want to participate at that point.

This GAW has been a great show of generosity and I don't want to discourage it, but I think that just the fact that most of the knives contributed have been quality users and nobody has been greedy with their choices and contributions is itself a fine example how how great this place is.

Minus that hickup in the first iteration, it's gone very well.
Every knife contributed has been a great user eith lots of life left in it and it is allowing people to try or handle patterns they couldn't otherwise.

I think we have all been guilty of putting back more than we take, this is the "porch view", we all have kids, grandkids, nieces and nephews that would appreciate a small gift from the box, there is a lot to chose from. Starting with eisman eisman moving forward we should all strive to put one or two less knives in the box than what we take out, at least until we git it back to a manageable size. no matter what lets all have fun with it.

I think we have all been guilty of putting back more than we take, this is the "porch view", we all have kids, grandkids, nieces and nephews that would appreciate a small gift from the box, there is a lot to chose from. Starting with eisman eisman moving forward we should all strive to put one or two less knives in the box than what we take out, at least until we git it back to a manageable size. no matter what lets all have fun with it.
For sure.
And the ultimate goal of this box after all is to give a home to the knives we aren't using.
let a kid pick and they may see something we don't, knives nobody has wanted may be able to go and make way for others that'll garner more interest.

Flat rate boxes are nowhere near that expensive. And congrats, eisman.
Sometimes none of the flat rate boxes they offer are a good fit for what's being mailed , but they are definitely cheaper when you get into heavier packages.
I probably should have looked into the flat rate boxes to see if one would have been appropriate for this box of knives.

Back