Box-O-Knives GAW (v.22)

eisman

Gold Member
Well it's time to move these on down the line. After much soul searching I've taken three of the last offering; the Art Ullis Salmon Knife, an old IXL, and a Rough Ryder wharncliff which I'm quiet impressed with. It's not up to GEC in fit and finish, but I like the size and it's been in my pocket the last 2 days now.

1Kwx9yr.jpg

For those just joining the premise is simple, add your name to the list and if you win the box comes to you. Take what you want, add what you can. But you have to promise to move the box on. (This thread got derailed once by someone winning and then disappearing.)

Please don't join if you're looking to score for retail, think of this as the chance to try something new, or add to a collection. (I got lucky and did both!) Likewise there's no requirement you add or subtract set numbers, this is best continued in the spirit of selflessness.

Those currently on the list:
1. @frontiertom
2. @CVamberbonehead
3. @JTB_5
4. Ernie1980 Ernie1980
5. A akguy59
6. @JupiterPaladin
7. @Sleepereaper
8. @Nature Boy
9. @seas165
10. @rockgolfer
11. @cbach8tw
12. @PirateSeulb
13. @Henry Beige
14. @scattershot
15. @BladeCommander
16. chuck4570 chuck4570
17. W WhoseWoodsTheseAre

I've gone and moved everything into a set rate USPS box, so that should eliminate any issues over weight, and room, plus it ensures tracking and steady delivery (at least within the USA. My apologies to those outside.)

So, here's what's headed to the next contestant:

A nice mix of different styles and blades. (I'd have kept the Boy Scout Whittler if I didn't already have one.)
2hOwVjj.jpg

Along with some Swiss Army types and a variety of peanut sized stuff. That Hobo is way too cute...
sV3cZsa.jpg

Of course there had to be Stockman and Trapper patterns, a couple of these really tempted me.
JZ2vQQk.jpg

All of the above were in when the box arrived at my place. Those below I'm adding. I couldn't find a machete that would fit in the box, but this Condor chopper should be a good substitute. Likewise the Cold Steel Kobun is like new; it's been gathering dust since it came back from a trip to the sandbox.
GGbHxmw.jpg

I mentioned that I'd try to add patterns not already in the collection, so these should do that. The AnkerMesser set are new from a few years back and will give someone the chance to try the different main blade types. The Hammer Brand English Jack is Chinese made, and missing the glued in shield, but unused. And since there was no Congress, and it's my favorite pattern I've added a mint Camillius 91.
HkuEKdT.jpg

I'm going to let this run a week. Next Sunday night I'll pull the name and try to get it out the following Monday.

Last edited:
I see a couple in the mix I think would be pretty cool to have.
However, funds are really tight this year, (about $40 a month after rent) and I have less than zero idea were the postal is in this town/village, so I'm still out/not an entry.
Good luck to all who enter. :)

Cool idea for a give away i even have a few gathering dust in the collection id be able to add. Please add me in the mix!

Thanks

Put me in coach, thanks.
That RR is a very good knife to use, and that messer box is a very cool addition. afishhunter afishhunter what you got your eye on?

Last edited:
Well n ot a lot of folks interested in this, but that just makes your chances better. Using the above list I pulled a random number generator and here are the results:

f7dWdwL.jpg

akguy59 is the next recipient!

Please PM me an address and I'll get the box on the way ASAP!

I wonder how many people would have been interested in this box if it contained a GEC ?

They certainly seem to be the most popular around here, and whenever theres a giveaway for one theres at least 5 pages of entries but things like this see much less traffic :eek:

I don't get it, so many possibilities here to choose from.
I guess if you already have too many knives, but theres always bound to be something you haven't tried yet.

Congratulations akguy59! That is a nice selection you get to choose from:thumbsup:

OK, the box is on it's way. Cost of shipping via USPS Flat Rate medium with $400 insurance was $27. I figure that's pretty good, since it was a hefty package.

akguy59 has the tracking number and should have the box Saturday, so keep your eye's out...

Last edited:
Back