Box of NOS Schrades from 1980.

Hi... Long time... I just met an old guy who has a box of 30 Schrades from when he closed his hardware store. From about 1980. Folders and fixed. I haven't seen any yet. Wondering if the era makes his stash likely to be of more or less interest to collectors. I was thinking maybe they were made in some way at that time that made them more interesting than other dates. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably not worth anything. Best thing to do is just host a GAW and get rid of them:D criteria being you had to be one of the first 3 people who replied to this thread and split them evenlyo_O

If theyre not rusty....make him an offer for the lot....assuming he wants to sell them...
I say they are desirable collector stuff..

If he's interested in getting rid of them, see if he'll allow you to check them out. Look the pieces over for any condition issues like rusting or other bad things. Assess the good from any bad ones. make an inventory of model numbers and quantity. Include any notes regarding any variations in condition.
You can use places like eBay to your advantage in determining a value for what he has. Search open auctions for the various models. I don't pay much attention to sellers "buy it now prices". You get a better idea of value from what you find people are willing to bid on an item. This obviously can take sometime, but you can also search prices from completed auctions to help.
This way you will have a better idea on what the market is for specific knives.

Look and see if there are any marked Schrade Walden. If so make sure when you search eBay to look for that stamp. There may not be any Walden's in there but if there is they should be worth more than just the Schrade NY USA.

Back