• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Brad Duncans web site?

The way he's going maybe he can get a little help and supervision in prison. Have you read the statement he made quoted above?

What really aggravates me about this is all of the folks who currently own his knives.

I have several of his knives that I have purchased prior to his current issues. Now, what is the secondary market going to be on these knives?

You're not the only one in the Duncan oarless boat with the rudder stuck hard right ! :D I have two of his knives and both were purchased before his "problems." Dayum, they seem to hit the poor boy one right after the other. :rolleyes:

Brad makes a nice knife, but his "problems," which are well documented here, ARE NOT worth the price of ownership !

There are soooo many great makers in the field. . . .there's absolutely NO REASON to deal with Brad !

Nothing more than my opinion. Here's my honest opinion of Brad. . . .

April 22 2008

I am happy to say that I am leasing out my knives available page .

The knives on this page are not owned by me and they have nothing to do with my day to day order responsabilities.

Travis has no knowledge of my order list and he is not there to answer questions about your orders.

Please do not bother him with questions about repairs , orders or placing custom orders.

That is not what he is leasing the space for . His Sole purpose is to sell his collection and I was happy to help him .

He's been buying knives from me for a long time and when he says is ready to ship its ready to ship.

I am still not taking custom orders at this time. I m working on getting the back log I have done and finished.

Many of you may or may not know that I am going thru a really nasty break up.

I won't go into details but right now today and for the near future I will be putting all my efforts into making sure my 1 year old son is safe and being taken care.

Being a single father isn't easy and I know that I have a long road ahead of me. My son is the most important person in my life and sometimes in life you have to put your children in front of work for a number of reasons. I love him very much and I would do it all over again if it meant I had a son to share my life with.

On the other hand there are alot haters on the forums these days and I'm not going to even try to defend myself against all the bullshit I've heard.

The fact of the matter is I am way behind on orders, I stopped taking new orders and I have no intention of ever quitting the knife business. If anything , this has made me more determined than ever to push it right back in every haters face.

I have dealt with over 700 individuals and more than 2000 knives over the last 8 years and I have never not delivered a knife. Granted, I have not always got them finished when I said I would, but I always found a way to get it done.

At this time I will reserve the right to cancel any order where a customer has dragged my name through the mud on any of the forums with the intention to receive quicker service or make me loose business. I will find out about it and you can consider your order done if you participate in this childish behavior. By Done I mean you won't get a refund or a knife.

Many of you have been very patient and I'm very thankful.

I will deliver every knife I owe and I will not give you a time line but I will say that all my back orders will be finished this year and I hope by October.

I know who all of you are so don't think I've forgotten anyone.

Children and family are more important than knives and I am having to put these first for a while. I will never go away in the knife world so get used to hating me if thats what you're into.

Have a great day.

Brad Duncan

Top of my order list is Mr Mark B.

# of knives 9 Waiting since last year about this time.

Thank you Mark

There are many of you in the middle.

65 knives or so.

I know who you all are so please don't think Im forgetting you. (N.O.)

Bottom of my list is Larry Am_______.

Waiting since last August

One more Threat from you and your order will be considered done

Im talking about death threats!​

. . . . .ASSHAT !

Add me to your list, ya POS ! ;)

Anyone who has their order "cancelled" and their money not refunded immediately upon cancellation, needs to file a report and press charges against this guy! :thumbdn:

"I believe this boy's cheese has done slipped off his cracker!"
(Quote from the Green Mile...seems appropriate in this case)

New knives are up on Brad's site. Maybe with a little help and supervision Duncan can overcome recent setbacks and go forward. Knives on the site are in my hands and ready to ship. Have special pricing for BF members!:cool:

i would reccomend folks think twice (or maybe 3 times) before purchaing anything by BD, imho its just not worth the hassle, like i said before there are wayyyy too many honest 'smiths around who would love your business i see no reason to risk a bunch of BS dealing with BD, perhaps if he gets caught up with folks he owes knives and/or money to, sends folks back there knives after repairs in a timely manner, and cease the silly threats about ripping folks off, then perhaps we can trust him until then action speaks louder than words, also folksneed to remember this isnt the 1st time BD has been down this road.

i hope he gets things right, but until he does i sure wouldnt reccomend anyone having any dealings with him.

The only way I would own a Brad Duncan knife is if it were gifted to me. The thought of spending money, no matter how nice his knives are is ludicrous.

Brad is probably praying that most on his list will complain loudly on the forums so he can cancel their orders and pocket the deposits.

Brad is probably praying that most on his list will complain loudly on the forums so he can cancel their orders and pocket the deposits.

My thoughts exactly...........what a piece of sh!t..........oops, damn, there went my deposit. :jerkit:

On his chin, I hope!!!!! :D

Interesting- Cougar3677 has contacted me today via PM stating:

“Does Brad owe you a knife or a repair. I am trying to help him get this situation cleaned up, let me know!
Thanks!”

Would you ID yourself after what Brad has posted on his website?

“At this time I will reserve the right to cancel any order where a customer has dragged my name through the mud on any of the forums with the intention to receive quicker service or make me loose business. I will find out about it and you can consider your order done if you participate in this childish behavior. By Done I mean you won't get a refund or a knife.”

The Simple Solution is to take care of All your customers and Deliver or Refund what is owed them.

Mitch

Brad Duncan said:
At this time I will reserve the right to cancel any order where a customer has dragged my name through the mud on any of the forums with the intention to receive quicker service or make me loose business. I will find out about it and you can consider your order done if you participate in this childish behavior. By Done I mean you won't get a refund or a knife.

I cannot believe the balls or the complete ignorance of the law, or both. He's essentially stated that if you say anything negative about him, then he has the right to STEAL from you. I suppose he is the judge of whether your intent was to make him LOSE business or get quicker service.

Duncan, I've never owned one of your knives, but have really thought seriously about making a purchase. Your complete lack of professionalism and integrity has ensured that will never happen.

Interesting- Cougar3677 has contacted me today via PM stating:

“Does Brad owe you a knife or a repair. I am trying to help him get this situation cleaned up, let me know!
Thanks!”

I was contacted as well. I will ansswer the question here. No, I am not owed a knife or a repair. I have known others that have had problems with Brad's service, his inability to deliver as promised, and his total lack of communication. There was a time that I thought very highly of Brad and his knives. That time has passed. I am totally disgusted by the way he treats his customers and no longer would want to have anything to do with him.

Seems several folks who posted in this thread got that PM. I wished him good luck.

EDITED TO ADD: It does make me wonder about cougar3677 though. I browsed his posting history and they're all in the Exchange, some buying, but mostly selling, lots of Microtechs and, lately, Duncans. That, in and of itself, seems fine. But as a "collector and purveyor of fine knives," I'd like to know what he's proposing to do to help things along with folks who are out money/knives from Brad, presuming the PM wasn't a ploy to get names for Duncan's blacklist. Brad's front page says Travis doesn't know anything about Brad's orders and isn't responsible for answering any questions about such matters, yet Travis is sending multiple PMs to folks here asking if they have an order with Brad. Either one hand doesn't know what the other is doing or they both know and it isn't being clearly communicated to the rest of us. I find the whole thing confusing and rather dubious.

Last edited:
Seems several folks who posted in this thread got that PM. I wished him good luck.

i got one too FWIW.........

what really bothers me is the post he made about "talk bad about me and i wont refund your $$ or make your knife", i dont know about other folks but i feel if ya owe folks services or $$ and they want there services or $$ and you dont provide it they are liable to bitch and have a right to bitch, if you are the one owing the services or $$ ya really dont have any right/need to bitch, thats the person who is oweds thing, ya gotta figure if ya have folks $$, wont contact them, after a few weeks/months they are gonna bitch, thats just the way life is. BD isnt the aggrieved party here imho, its the folks he owes $$/services/knives to, he needs to understand that imho before he can get his act together, whats he mad about lol???????

i hope he gets his act together, but i can still rememeber his "shock" when i wouldnt prepay him, it was like "what, ya dont trust me.....?"

Last edited:
I have a Duncan knife that needs a refresh, but it will not make a trip to Brad. :D

I'm thinkin'. . . .sandpaper, flat black spray paint, and some bailing wire will do the trick. :D

I am trying to make contact with members on this forum that have dog in this hunt. Several have come forward and their orders have been filled or are in the process at this point in time. There have been a few knives in need of service and those are also being addressed. I ampurchasing current knives from Duncan to enable him to have some income that will allow him to buy materials, etc to continue making knives. In doing so he is working on backorders alongside his current work. My hopes are my fellow collectors can get the knives they were promised and like it or not, Brad can continue to make knives. I reside and ply my trade in the same jurisdiction as Duncan and can vouch for the block wall he is up against regarding his personal life. I realize his personal battles are not important nor of interest on this board but this plight has effected his ability to make a living. I have been collecting custom knives for over 30 years and there have always been what most people would consider deadbeat makers and purveyors. Ironically several of those shady purveyors of yesterday are worshiped by collectors today! Same goes for many of the early makers. Today collectors can't throw their money at some of these makers fast enough! In all my years of business and practice I have had my ups and downs-tough times when bills were paid late, etc. I have been blessed to be able to enjoy a hobby that in the end I have something of quality to show for it that was made by a man's hands. Over the years I have been able to benefact several makers quietly and help them get over their hump. I know they appreciate it today. And there are many others out there doing the same thing. My collection consists of at least one knife from every voting member of the knifemaker's guild. So I have dealt with all of them and the vast majority have been +1 dealings all the way. Collectors today seem to favor the "maker of the month" mode of collecting! I have no need for the knives I am buying from Brad but if I can sell them and recover my cost while trying to help him stay afloat and maybe keep his work in circulation, then I feel I have done a good thing. At the same time I don't want to see my collector brothers not get the knife or knives they ordered and paid for. In 1978 I ordered a folder from Bill Moran and that rascal went and died on me before he could get to my knife!! The postcard he wrote me confirming my order sits proudly in my collection! I have put myself in the middle o this one and although no one paid me for their knives I truly want to see this matter resolved all the way around. No matter how you feel about Brad, or me for that matter, there is a determination to keep Duncan Knives going. You all may never buy a knife from Brad, that is your choice. But hopefully six months from now this will be behind him and Brad will be a better maker/businessman.
If you know of any persons that have outstanding orders that have been paid for and knives not delivered, please have them contact me. I appreciate the support and friendship I have made on this board the past year or so. The internet is a relatively new discovery for this old fart!:cool:

In doing so he is working on backorders alongside his current work.
Backorder paid for should be priority # 1 , right along checking his tude'.

Customers may put up with a delay and being out of pocket if the maker is a decent guy , or they may put up with a maker who is a totall ass , however you wont find many that will do both and put up with a maker who has delays , wont deliver , wont communicate , all while having his customers money and be an ass about it.... as they used to say on Saturday Night Live... " I don't think so , homey dont play that ! "

Respect is earned , not given , so far he ain't earned it.

cougar3677 - I appreciate your offering that information. It fleshes out some of the things I was wondering about. Like I said, I hope you can facilitate some good results for the people who are stuck.

I am trying to make contact with members on this forum that have dog in this hunt. Several have come forward and their orders have been filled or are in the process at this point in time. There have been a few knives in need of service and those are also being addressed. I ampurchasing current knives from Duncan to enable him to have some income that will allow him to buy materials, etc to continue making knives. In doing so he is working on backorders alongside his current work. My hopes are my fellow collectors can get the knives they were promised and like it or not, Brad can continue to make knives. I reside and ply my trade in the same jurisdiction as Duncan and can vouch for the block wall he is up against regarding his personal life. I realize his personal battles are not important nor of interest on this board but this plight has effected his ability to make a living. I have been collecting custom knives for over 30 years and there have always been what most people would consider deadbeat makers and purveyors. Ironically several of those shady purveyors of yesterday are worshiped by collectors today! Same goes for many of the early makers. Today collectors can't throw their money at some of these makers fast enough! In all my years of business and practice I have had my ups and downs-tough times when bills were paid late, etc. I have been blessed to be able to enjoy a hobby that in the end I have something of quality to show for it that was made by a man's hands. Over the years I have been able to benefact several makers quietly and help them get over their hump. I know they appreciate it today. And there are many others out there doing the same thing. My collection consists of at least one knife from every voting member of the knifemaker's guild. So I have dealt with all of them and the vast majority have been +1 dealings all the way. Collectors today seem to favor the "maker of the month" mode of collecting! I have no need for the knives I am buying from Brad but if I can sell them and recover my cost while trying to help him stay afloat and maybe keep his work in circulation, then I feel I have done a good thing. At the same time I don't want to see my collector brothers not get the knife or knives they ordered and paid for. In 1978 I ordered a folder from Bill Moran and that rascal went and died on me before he could get to my knife!! The postcard he wrote me confirming my order sits proudly in my collection! I have put myself in the middle o this one and although no one paid me for their knives I truly want to see this matter resolved all the way around. No matter how you feel about Brad, or me for that matter, there is a determination to keep Duncan Knives going. You all may never buy a knife from Brad, that is your choice. But hopefully six months from now this will be behind him and Brad will be a better maker/businessman.
If you know of any persons that have outstanding orders that have been paid for and knives not delivered, please have them contact me. I appreciate the support and friendship I have made on this board the past year or so. The internet is a relatively new discovery for this old fart!:cool:

no matter what else happens imho cougar has his heart in the right place and i for one hope it all works out but only time will tell, & i'll be among the 1st to thank ya for at least trying to look out for some other collectors who might be owed $$ or services, and help them get there stuff,

thanks,

Glad I only ever took one Duncan as a trade and refused the rest. What a joke. It should be easy enough to take this jacker to court though after posting that he was going to steal from anyone who told the TRUTH about him on a forum.

Greg McKean <- Not on his list so he can go pound sand.

Back