Brad Pitt in da house...........not really

TMHunt

Knifemaker/Moderator
So I've always been pretty fond of Brad Pitts movies. He seems to be pretty good at the characters he plays I think. I've always wanted to make a replica of the knife he used in Inglorious Bastards, but never really can seen to find the time. So when a client contacted me a about 3 months ago and wanted me to make a replica of Tristans (Pitts character) knife that he carried in Legends of the fall, I jumped at the chance.... I think it turned out great.

Unfortunately there was not many still shots I could find of the knife, it appears in the movie pretty often but never just a overall shot of it, so, I improvised and kinda put my own "stink" on it.

Last edited:
Saw this on IG. Home run Todd!!!
I think if I had this knife I'd up and leave everything I knew, travel around the world killing everything I could find. Then I would return home and start bootlegging liquor from Canada.

Actually, it's probably a good thing I don't have this knife. [emoji57]

Damn man, that's awesome.

That is....just, wow, Todd. And I'm not even much of a fan of bone/antler handles, but I'd EDC that gorgeous piece of work in a second.

Love it bro...that's Freekin fantastic!
Classic and classy all in one!

Ya know, copperhead skin would really set that sheath off...always love your use of snakeskin on your sheaths.

Thanks guys, this was a fun one.

NCSlice, I actually wanted to do a western diamond back sheath for this one but the client didn't want it. He said he wanted something roughed and super tight and tough. So, this one I made flesh side out for the rough look, ties in and no possibly of losing the knife in this one. As the client explained. He goes on many canoeing camp trips. The way I understand it, he does it in traditional get up and gear. He plans on using this badboy and he was concerned with the abuse it will be subjected to he would ruin the snakeskin sheath.

Very unique knife. I like it. The only question I have is..... Is the leather tie strip to only retention mechanism on the sheath? It looks a little dicey for canoe trips.

Very unique knife. I like it. The only question I have is..... Is the leather tie strip to only retention mechanism on the sheath? It looks a little dicey for canoe trips.

There is no way this knife is coming out of the sheath without purposely pulling it out. Its fitted very tightly, you don't even need the tie, but its there.

Very nice! That knife has a beautiful flow to it - great use of the antler crook!

best

mqqn

that's a really nice looking knife/package.
I really like the general blade profile, too -- whats the blade length, handle length, etc...?

No joke... I could see that blade profile being quite popular. Full tang, of course. It's just damned nice.

No joke... I could see that blade profile being quite popular. Full tang, of course. It's just damned nice.

Pretty much what I've been thinking. It's a great feeling knife, but I want to see this profile stick around.

Back