Bradford USA: Guardian 3 and 3.5 Variations: Saber, Flat, Wharncliff, G-Necker, Sheepsfoot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday a nice size box arrived with several knives inside, one was a nice Bradford USA Guardian4, I posted an image of that in it's own thread and a friend out west picked up what seems to be one of the rarer Guardian3 models, Full Flat Grind in CPM3v sweet knife. Also in the box were two Guardian3 Wharnie's one for me, one for my friend out west, both are great, came with a kydex sheath, I made a neck carry on mine.

Here is the CPM3v one;

Bradford_USA_G3_FFG_CPM3v.jpg~original

and here is the wharnie with Tiger Stripe scales, orange and black, on mine since I have it setup for neck carry, I made a short fob with a diamond knot for my pinky to grip to help pull the knife from the sheath.

The Wharnie is a darken stonewash finish, and it is dark.

Again I need to thank Raj for his great generosity as he surprised me with this knife, amazing person and friend, thanks Raj !!!

Bradford_USA_G3_Wharnie.jpg~original

I had forgotten just how handy a small wharncliff fixed blade is, this seems just about the right size without the tip getting in it's own way.

Thanks Brad for the great work sir,
G2

Last edited:
Wow, those look great! I've been carrying my 3 quite regularly in a KSF pocket sheath. Works out very well. Also ordered a kydex sheath for my second 3 which will be my daughter's once camping season starts up.

3V? If he did a 4 in 3v I would buy it on the spot!

Thanks and they are cool, you should email Brad and see if he might work something up for you?

On the wharnie knife sheath, I wear it as a neck sheath, didn't want to have a knot really on the para cord, so I wove it into the sheath, and with the para cord being placed underneath the runs, it is self tightening, doesn't pull free, but, it can work itself free. So, I figured out what the length should be and trimmed down cord and held the two ends between the flame of a lighter and then squish them together 'welding' them and it doesn't work itself free any more.

neck_sheath_back.jpg~original

neck_sheath_lockup.jpg~original

Due to the wrap around method, the paracord is kept secure without ANY strain against the 'weld' that I made, pull as hard as you want on the neck portion of the paracord and you can move the cord at the weld freely, since it's held in place by the threading of the paracord.

neck_sheath_closeup.jpg~original

G2

Last edited:
i just love the wharnie... me i am a sheepfoot/wharncliffe fan myself, as it is the most useful blade shape for what i use the knive for.

It's a very aggressive blade shape, I am really liking this one as well, wear it everyday at work!
G2

That's a pretty slick setup, I like it! You always seem to come up with great ideas. That wharnie looks tempting also, I love my GB air, this might give it some competition when my refund check sails in....

I present my new kydex sheath for my Guardian3. Possibility of carrying horizontally or vertically. Craftsman Animalito21.
All day with me.

DSC_0131_zpstjtodtgx.jpg

DSC_0134_zps4rxlimmr.jpg

DSC_0133_zpsdiymyja4.jpg

Nice that looks very versatile !
G2

Nice brothers there! I am standing in line now for a Full Flat Ground CPM3v with Nimbus finish and toxic black/green scales and kydex sheath :) colour me waiting ... ;)
G2

We are releasing our favorite knife in the lineup, the Guardian3 today in our Nimbus Finish! We created this finish by accident after putting some blades in our tumbler after Black DLC Ionbond treatment. The result was the most durable, rugged finish we have come across in terms of coatings. Hope you enjoy the finish as much as we do!

View attachment 584901

Last edited:
Sounds nice Brad

That image isn't showing up?
G2

Very kool !
G2

I really do think for the money these are very nice. I might pick up a wharniee one day

Package arrived today...WoW just WOW, pic's to follow once I've calmed down ;)
G2

here's a quick shot with my ipod touch, working on the leather sheath that comes with it, embossed on the front, smoothed and sealed the edges and cut in a border along the opening, as well as making a vertical adapter so I can wear the sheath vertical on my belt.

Guardian3-.jpg~original

that CPM3v blade is ground down nice and thin, cuts great! Thanks Brad!

Last edited:
Wanted to also get some outside shots but didn't get to that today, so here are a few of the newest addition!

Full flat ground CPM3v blade with Nimbus finish, toxic black/green scales, leather sheath, now on the sheath I did add the embossing on the front as well as a groove along the opening and smoothed down the edges and dyed them darker. Also made a vertical adapter so I can wear this vertical too.

Bradford_G3_3v.jpg~original

Guardian3_3v_sheathfront.jpg~original

Guardian3_3v_sheathback.jpg~original

and for those that have a Guardian 3 and wondered about the difference between that and the Guardian 6, here's a comparison shot, while my 6 is DLC on the blade, maybe over the years it'll attain a Nimbus like finish. I've chopped through some branches with this and it cuts amazingly well for as light a blade on the 6.

Bradford_6_3.jpg~original

Again, thanks Brad, nice stuff all around the block!
G2

Last edited:
Great looking color combo with scales and blade finish. :thumbup:

Every time I look at this thread I want one more.
any chance of a picture next to a BK11 / 14 or Izula ?
Thanks for all the great photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back