Bradford USA: Guardian 3 and 3.5 Variations: Saber, Flat, Wharncliff, G-Necker, Sheepsfoot

Last edited:
This just arrived today, added my bobtail fob as well as making a vertical adapter for the sheath that allows me to wear it ...well...vertically :)

Untitled by GaryWGraley, on Flickr

Since I decided to sell this one, I made a new adapter with a Celtic embossing that looks great as well...

G2
That’s slick :thumbsup:
If a stormtrooper carried a G3 :D

Great thread with a lot of good information.
I recently bought a vertical adapter strap for Bradford Guardian 3 sheath from Gary and it works great and the craftsmanship on the adapter is impeccable. I will be purchasing more of these adapters for some of my other G3's in the near future.

Thanks guys, sorry for the delay! I JUST got this one in today and really like it's shape/size and edge, all well done. I had asked Brad if he would do a special run that did not have the sharpening notch, when I checked with him he was sorry he had plum forgot, they are busy!! SO I figured that wasn't going to happen any time soon so I went ahead and ordered this one and glad I did, also picked up the kydex sheath which has super retention enough so that I am wearing it as a neck knife. Some may say it's too thick/large or heavy but this is for carry around the work shop and out in the yard, not something that requires a flat profile to let you wander into town ;) so I prefer the thicker handle which has great contours.

A close to the end bobtail fob just enough for my pinky to hook on to aid in drawing the knife as well as adding some attractive bits.

nice contours

for me, it would have been a little nicer to have the end of the handle go to the end, but have the scales hollowed out enough to get the lanyard through, that way it doesn't break up the flow of the handle or cause any points to go into your palm, but, that's a mighty small point to worry about and of course it would increase the work for the scales by a lot too.

G2

Last edited:
I had a G4 with the contoured scales, and the back of them were flared out a little more than my other one, and it was digging into the palm of my hand. Right at the very end by the pommel. About 3 min on the belt sander, and now it's super comfortable, I really, really like these scales.

Thanks guys, sorry for the delay! I JUST got this one in today and really like it's shape/size and edge, all well done. I had asked Brad if he would do a special run that did not have the sharpening notch, when I checked with him he was sorry he had plum forgot, they are busy!! SO I figured that wasn't going to happen any time soon so I went ahead and ordered this one and glad I did, also picked up the kydex sheath which has super retention enough so that I am wearing it as a neck knife. Some may say it's too thick/large or heavy but this is for carry around the work shop and out in the yard, not something that requires a flat profile to let you wander into town ;) so I prefer the thicker handle which has great contours.

A close to the end bobtail fob just enough for my pinky to hook on to aid in drawing the knife as well as adding some attractive bits.

nice contours

for me, it would have been a little nicer to have the end of the handle go to the end, but have the scales hollowed out enough to get the lanyard through, that way it doesn't break up the flow of the handle or cause any points to go into your palm, but, that's a mighty small point to worry about and of course it would increase the work for the scales by a lot too.

G2
Have you measured the edge (thickness and/or edge angle) on your latest ones? The one I got (ffg, 3.5) was surprisingly thin, but I only have one, so I’m curious if thats the way he usually grinds them.

Today, I figured my Bradford Guardian 3 sheepsfoot was just too much for neck carry, so I made a horizontal adapter for the kydex sheath that I bought when I purchased the knife from them. Their kydex is very secure and I have no qualms on wearing this horizontally at all. I used some nice Wickett & Craig 7/8 oz leather, I had a couple of hardware sets that I used to fasten it to the rivet holes already in the sheath. Those anchored the strap to the sheath, then I added two snaps above them so the leather when it wraps around the back and folds down to the front, can snap into place. One snap might have been enough, two makes it less prone to canting about the belt too much ;)

this keeps the sheath closer to your body, where a regular kydex clip thingy can extend the rig out too far, in my opinion of course

showing the back side, my makers' mark, month and year and a right foot print so you always remember to start out on your right footing when you wear this setup ;)

When doing the snaps, the ones that snap down onto the bottom, I fold the leather over first so it will make imprints of where the snaps are in relation to the leather, when I go to make the holes, I make them about a half hole backwards so the snaps are pulled tighter down when you snap them in place.

All in all it's a great way to carry this knife, worn more towards the front of the body with the handle towards my right hand so I pull the knife out of the sheath, the sheath is a thumb break kinda thing in that you push against the top of the sheath as you pull the knife.

Dat's it for dat ;)
G2

Just got a G-Necker today from off the forum and I did a different type of paracord wrap which works out well also made a bobtail fob which aid in drawing it from the sheath

G2

Last edited:
Back