Bradford USA is worthy of attention

-t.

Greetings,

I'm new to Blade Forums. I used to use Knife Forums, but alas...

Hope this is the right wall for my comment.

This is a comment regarding a knife maker named Bradford Larkin, and his company - Bradford USA.

Some background info about me first:

My name is Troy Johnson.
I am 48 years old and live in Las Vegas, NV. with my family.
I've been a lover of sharp, pointy implements my entire life.
It all started with a 'Trim' brand fingernail knife when I was 8 years old... and evolved from there.

So, after 40 years of owning and carrying too many knives/brands/models to name;
my current EDC (a Moki banff) has become too thin of a profile for my hands anymore.
You see, as I have gotten older, my hands have begun to twinge here and there, throw in a slight grip issue and you got motivation to acquire a larger handled EDC which is the origination of this particular quest.
(well, that and I'm nuts for a good piece of sharp, pointy steel), anyway...
Since I was looking for a larger EDC and wanted something in about a 4 inch, I went to the web to explore.

My brother, a retired U.S. Army Staff Sargeant and bigger knife nut than me, told me about a knife company called Bradford USA out of Kent, WA. and, since I PREFER U.S.A. made stuff, I checked it out.

I immediately liked the style, profile and everything about the blades Bradford makes/offers.
Funny thing is, I was really interested in the Guardian 3 but, it just sounded too small for my hand... and,I was trying to go a little bigger, so I set my mind on the Guardian 4.

Through the process of investigation, I happened upon a Bradford Guardian 4 on Amazon for less than the Bradford site was selling them (not to mention, I could use my wife's Amazon card... heheheh) but, it was only in N690 steel.
Unfamiliar with this steel, I did some quick research of N690;
consensus is that it's similar to VG-10. I like VG-10, my Moki is VG-10 and so, I went for it. Felt different than VG-10, kinda brittle-ish.

I then carried the Guardian 4 around in a kydex sheath iwb for a couple of weeks and used it mostly at work to open boxes or cut food.

Now, it is an awesome midsize knife! I love the palm swell and choil and the quality and construction are solid as can be.
However, I came to the conclusion it was just too big for an EDC for me.
And to be honest, I simply did not like the steel... can't explain it, just a feeling.
Did not have any issues with the steel, just wasn't happy with it.

-And, here is the reason for this comment...

I contacted Bradford USA and inquired of the possibility of an exchange for the smaller knife, Guardian 3.
On his site he has a 7 day policy on unused items purchased from his site... Uh oh - my G4 was used, a little scratched and not purchased from his site.
...I humbly sent him an email in detail regarding my purchase, use (and feelings) of the knife with the simple inquiry of an exchange...

Do you know what he told me to do with the knife?

He told me to send it back to him and he would 'make it right'... (?)

He did just what he said - he made it right.

If he is willing to stand behind his product like this, I have the utmost confidence in purchasing more of his product in the future.

That, my friends, is quality of character you can't buy and Customer Service you can't beat.

I now have the Guardian 3, and it is perfect in the hand and for a front pocket EDC.

The handle has nice swells on it without being chunky and the M390 feels... different, better. Haven't tried it yet, but I'm gonna.

I recommend Bradford USA for your next knife purchase. (He also offers larger blades in CPM3V).

You should check out the site -

www.bradfordknives.com

Just one man's opinion, wanted to share it. I feel Bradford USA is worthy of attention.
Thank you for your time,

Troy

I have a G3 in 3V. It’s an amazing knife! Fixed blade EDC is illegal where I live (unfortunately), but it is by far the best camp knife I’ve ever owned. Unless you plan on batonning, I can’t imagine anything better.

I’ve heard nothing but good about Bradford, to include the products, the company, and the individual. I have no practical use for a G4, but I want one anyway for all the reasons above.

I bought my first Bradford Guardian3 about a year ago. It comes with an excellent cross-draw leather sheath that is perfectly concealed under a t-shirt worn outside the pants. I never notice it until/unless I need a knife. Quick and easy.
So far, I have six Bradford 3G's to my name. I've worn one since the day I got it. I've gifted several to relatives and friends. I still have one NIB in the safe. All of mine have been in 3V or M390 and I love either one of them.
I called Brad several times on the phone, and he picks up immediately. He sent me a new sheath, free, when mine had some loose stitching. He has them in black or brown and keeps offering to send me another.
I also purchased his 3" folder, a Bradford 3F. Great knife, but I sold it.
I wish all knife shops and owners were as nice and honest as Brad Larkin.

I concur - Bradford knives are impressive and the company is great.

Two G3’s, two G4’s, and a G5. All great knives. My wharnecliff Nimbus G3’s looks are stunning.

My short-list of next knife purchases will be the G3 Flipper.

The owners (husband and wife) are very good people. You can get a sense about them if you watch thier YouTube videos.

Also note that you can “build your own” knife on the Bradford website.

I do wish that the Kydex sheaths didn’t cost extra. I’m just not a big fan of their standard leather sheaths (actually leather sheaths in general, not specifically Braford’s sheaths).

I'm new to Bradford knives, only recently buying a Guardian 3 about a month ago. A great knife, and I've been flirting with getting the Guardian 4 3D.

Firstly welcome to the forums.

You found a great knife produce by a great company and I can echo your sentiments any questions or issues you have they will get back to you quickly and are great with customer service.

I bought my first Guardian 4 and was so impressed I now own three in various comfigurations and they are all great knives.

I bought a Guardian 3 ... it is a bit small for my hand but the way it cuts I figured out a way to grip it that is comfortable and very usable. So it gets carried often as an addition to whatever else I'm carrying.

Bradford knives are definately among the ones I recommend to people often.

Bradford knives are great! I have a Guardian 3 in M390 and love it, glad to know they have great CS because after 2 weeks of carry you really should have taken ownership and sold it or traded it (Sorry i'm a snob for people who return used knives) but at least you explained the situation and they took care of you. Enjoy it!

I have two favorite fixed EDC blades one is the LT wright Frontier Valley and the other is a Bradford G3 Wharnie M390. I love both these knives and EDC one of them everyday IWB. I also carry 2 folders 1, EDC and1 tactical (4"+). I of course don't need all these knives but I love carrying them. In reference to their customer service they are both amazing. Even if the knives were not as great as they are I would stick with them anyway. They are both a pleasure to deal with.

Brad's great to deal with. When I wanted a G3, I didn't see the exact steel/handle/color combo that I was looking for on any of the usual on-line knife sites. I called him & told him what I was looking for. He said that he didn't have any made up at the time, but to go ahead & order it & he'd make one that day. Sure enough, I got an e-mail with tracking info that afternoon.
IMG_0261-X3.jpg

Great guy, offering a great product, with great customer service, for a great price.

Searching for an adjective to appropriately describe the outfit... hmmm... let me think...

1428B10D-67DB-45E6-85E6-E4D1E1C50D88.jpeg Same exact experience I had IB!!
Brad even e mailed me a
Couple times after I got the knife.......he wanted to know how I liked it and to let me know not to hesitate to call any time!
Great guy that is a pleasure to deal with......he makes pretty sweet blades also!!!
Joe

Brad's great to deal with. When I wanted a G3, I didn't see the exact steel/handle/color combo that I was looking for on any of the usual on-line knife sites. I called him & told him what I was looking for. He said that he didn't have any made up at the time, but to go ahead & order it & he'd make one that day. Sure enough, I got an e-mail with tracking info that afternoon.
IMG_0261-X3.jpg

Wow! Thanks everyone.
...hmm, a Guardian 3.5 in 3V you say...(?)
(...and thanks, JJ_Colt45 - probably won't stay, just needed to praise a man and his craft on a site where it would mean something.)

-t.

I got a Guardian 3 (in m390) back in April. It is on my hip unless I am in a jurisdiction that does not allow fixed blades.
I just got back from a long weekend cabin "camping" trip where we did a good bit of hiking. I used it for everything from fire prep (including hand batoning small chunks of wood) to food prep. It was there when I needed it, and disappears when I didn't.
View media item 2135Brad also took care of me when I had an issue with one of the leather sheaths. Great guy, great company. Will definitely buy from them again. I'm looking at a G3 Wharnie and either a G4 or G5 in the next year (or sooner if I can free up more "fun" funds).

Enjoy

Every time I see someone post about the G3 it make some want one even more. Great to know the maker will take care of you

Yea i had the three and i wear xl gloves barely fit but was usable which impressed me, traded it for a 4 tho both are incredible and he is such a nice and active maker sure his ca is good but the knives are bomb proof probbly would never need to talk to him

Had my G3 /w 3d scales in 3v DLC for about a year now (picked it up last black friday sale), and it gets the most belt/pocket time of all of my 3" or less fixed blades. Great little knife! Need to pick up a wharnie in m390 and the g4 at some point.

I have a few Guardian models and like them all! The G3 was a bit too small for my gorilla hand at first but the newer 3D handles alleviated that issue..

The G4 is just right for daily carry for me and can handle any task I throw at it (the 3v version).

The G5 is significantly thicker than both the G3 and G4 and is excellent for any outdoor/camp job. It can certainly be EDC'd, and in kydex it can be concealed under a shirt nicely.

The knives are reasonably priced and Brad Larkin is a great guy to deal with.

Back