Bragging A Bit

JK Knives

I still believe that my Kephart is one of the most authentic versions made. It’s been a good seller for many years, and has been featured in two magazine articles (one by Steven Dick and one by Dennis Prisbey). How about sharing pictures of your Kepharts?

I got a few for you today. Finally took my Kephart to some wood to get the charcoal grill going sans charcoal. Work out nicely, though I'm still figuring out how to get decent feather sticks with the convex grind. I know you're supposed to angle it a little steeper, but it took me a little more time than the knives I'm more familiar with for such tasks. Somehow, I missed that the spine had been sharpened up, so that was nice when striking the ferro rod.

Most of this is cedar shavings from some carving projects I did over the winter, and then testing out some fixed blades for bushcrafting type tasks.

NSGq5I4l.jpg

8BkOCFHl.jpg

L2sB6dHl.jpg

3Ss18PEl.jpg

With some tasty results
LL4qJW1l.jpg

You are entitled to brag.

Yours (JK) is the first Kephart concept I was exposed to, and is by far one of my favorites still. I'll start by saying I love spear points, and the handle is very comfortable, being plenty long to get a good grip but not too big around to be in the way when riding in a sheath and yet not too slim. Most of the other renditions seem deep in the blade, wide in the handle, or jut out of proportion in general.

Mine have withstood the extreme duty demanded by my lifestyle, as illustrated:20190704_202056_resized_1.jpg
Keeping wieners in order.
20190704_205545_resized_1.jpg
Cutting the meat of wild beasts.
20190704_203218_resized_1.jpg Jabbing olives from Kettle Martinis.

All important tasks.

Really, though, this one in olive wood has been my go to lately - no extreme woods time, but it has shashed and trimmed plenty of paths through brambles and light undergrowth, manicured several walking sticks, cut sausages and fruits on day hikes and prepped dinners at home. It is one of the several JK Kepharts I enjoy, ranging from mini to pocket to heavy duty. And come September I'll have one in stainless sans naugahyde sheath, but maybe with some rhinestones embedded into the handles if John can be bribed. B JACKSON B JACKSON , no offense, ha ha.

Ha! She has great taste, and it is easy to find in parking lots - plus, the high vis is probably good for new drivers! Hmm...maybe there is even an insurance discount...
Back in October I was in CO at a client site and they let me borrow their White Dodge RAM. I went to meet a fellow BF'er up in the mountains and it was snowing like crazy, I couldn't find the damn thing in the parking lot.

I love johns kephart. With the spear point I have never cut the stomachs on animals when dressing. I'm pretty sure after trying its also a ideal fighting knife trust me I know a thing or two. It also works well around camp on anything. I have used it from hunting fishing woods bumming camping and wearing it around everyday carry (mp's dont like that because they are weak) all in all my kephart is my favorite knife. The only thing it doesnt do is jump master duties or build fighting positions and bunkers.

Back