Brand you have bought the most?

I've had about 300 folders (primarily) over the last ten yrs or so that I've been here.
I've had nice collections (as in large) of PM2's and Millies, as well as smaller collections of Strider, ZT and CRK.
For every non-Spyderco knife that I've owned...I've likely owned about twenty Spydercos... and that is precisely the ratio that I have enjoyed.

Last edited:
Merely an estimate of my numbers
1. Largest number are Spyderco.
2. Next are Cold Steel which are my frequently purchased brand in the last 3-4 years.
3. Benchmade has fallen back. My only BM purchases in the last 5 years were a Ritter Griptilian and a miniRitter Grip.

1. Spyderco
2. G&G Hawk
3. Other companies productions of G&G Hawk designs (CRK, Kershaw, Buck, etc.)
4. Gets pretty random from there

the last 15-20 years it's been Spyderco by a good margin. The last couple of years it's been a tossup between Zero Tolerance, WE, and Reate.

Spyderco by far. So much variety. Only own four now. I probably should get a PM2 again, but social security disability needs to give me a raise first...

Over the last 3 er 4 years, Rough Rider.
Over the last 6 - 8 months er so, Buck.

Spyderco by a mile. I feel I'll move on eventually, but their designs speak to me, and experimentation with different blade steels is what really hooked me into this hobby. M

tie for first place
Benchmade
Kershaw/ZT
Victorinox
tie for second place
Microtech
Shirogorov
tie for third place
Chris Reeve
Hinderer
then the rest

Case
Buck
Kershaw
Spyderco.
These 4 brands are all I have bought in the past several years except for one rat 2 and a full-sized griptillian

Spyderco by a wide margin.
Then CRK narrowly edging out ZT.

Back