Brass is back on the menu... GEC #44

After looking at this particular picture, I'm thinking more curveball than drawing? :confused:

5qEJaLa.jpg

Maybe those are for the stag? I'm not sure if those bolsters are nickel silver or brass. In that case, the stag would get rat tails! So maybe more of a slider than a curveball ;)

Might be a Northwoods SFO. That bolster looks a lot like the their Zulu.

I hope the stag get rat tails. I was disappointed that the picture showed all the other Northfields with them, but the top of the line stag without. I like the stamped head bolster too, but it might be too much on the stag, and I'm not into brass.

Just ordered a Northfield in brass and cocobolo. Definitely stepping outside of my comfort zone a little bit with a pattern I've never had before and all that brass...but it is growing on me and I can't wait to get it. I dig the bullet shield.

There's some non-GEC-provided production images of the ebony popping up and it looks sweet. Very smooth and very slick. I'm kinda wishing I hopped on those instead of the cocobolo Northfield (which will hopefully be remedied when production photos of that knife start popping up).

There's some non-GEC-provided production images of the ebony popping up and it looks sweet. Very smooth and very slick. I'm kinda wishing I hopped on those instead of the cocobolo Northfield (which will hopefully be remedied when production photos of that knife start popping up).

You are right the ebony looks amazing...I really wish they offered that in the Northfield version and without the brass. You can get one right now it isn't too late :) I am pretty sure they are already available at Old Towne Cutlery.

After looking at this particular picture, I'm thinking more curveball than drawing? :confused:

5qEJaLa.jpg

Caps that aren’t stamped will be a real disappoint IMHO. Hoping for a pitch straight down the middle .

Saw a post on instagram showing that the blades on the #44 are the same length as those on the #78 with the same configuration. Man, they really packed the blade length into this handle. Looks great!

I just opened my ebony and I am very impressed, really well done, just a great looking and feeling knife. Will take some pics soon.

Where are you guys getting yours?
I haven't received my final payment notice yet. I'm getting antsy.

I was wondering about the stamped bolsters of the brass versions: could it be that the stamp is applied after the pin is placed? Otherwise it looks like the won't be stamped :(

Nice pics Augie ! Yea that 44 is nice ! I agree the blades are similar to the 77 . The pen blade looks a little larger on the 44 . I also like the ppp stamp on the mark side .

I got mine today. Beautiful knife with a 6 pull. I'm impressed.
It does have several scratches running along the length of both blades.o_O

Back