Breathing Easier.. Sigh of Relief

Horsewright

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Got er done. This is the earliest I've ever been able to ship my Christmas orders. I can actually breathe now. Lot of 12 -14 days building both the knives and the sheaths for them.

aITfmQX.jpg

Previously, I would shoot for shipping on the 15th and be happy if I made the 17th or so. These all shipped on the 5th.

Here's the knives for the sheaths that don't have one in the above pic.

S1hXLJ5.jpg

There are four extra pancake sheaths in the sheath pic for knives I did not make but they are not in this shot.

What are you working on and have to get done by Christmas?

Last edited:
Beautiful work .
That much work to complete with a deadline looming would have me hiding under the bed in the foetal position with a Migraine headache :)
Is there any chance of a close up pic of the lined sheath in the bottom right of the pic with the metal pocket - belt clip ?
All of those completed early must mean you are a man of leisure now , are you going to take a break over Christmas ?

Ken

Sounds like kickin' back and cup of joe time right there!

And love to see some of the hardware that goes into those sheaths too!

Very nice, good to see all that work in one place finished up!
G2

Wow, lots of nice work there Dave. I pray this allows you to kick back and relax a bit.

Chris

Nice work Dave, I see some leather I'm not used to seeing from you. :) Drink a cup a Joe for me.

I pushed most work to January because of the owies, but I did have two large customs show up from ups tonight. Luckily the customer wants them just after the new year but I'm gonna start now. It'll be hard to work but I really need it. Tired of being bed ridden. Need to ship out some other stuff too.

Relaxing? Ya bet. Flew down to Cancun and kicking it on the beach. Not. Started in immediately on this batch.

zq7PsfR.jpg

These are for in stock, that we will sell off of our website. Orders done first then these. But now the pressure is really on. Becuase I promised NICHOLE they will be done by the 15th. They will be done, they will be done, they will be ...................................... 38 knives and those bottle poppers.

Here ya go Ken. This is my Boot Sheath. Works great inside a boot, inside the waistband (with or without a belt) or even a back pocket. It has a horseshoe shaped welt so the knife can go in edge to the right or to the left. It also has a spring like effect in closing so retention is very good and it is not knife specific. As long as the overall length is good, it will work.

uVPIHtB.jpg

Her ya go Gary:

6UknkCy.jpg

This is my Tapadero model. Biggest seller this year. This one has Sambar Stag for the handle and Mammoth Tooth spacer.

tWCr7pN.jpg

This is a Chef Knife. Exhibition Grade Turkish Walnut on the handle.

pnhUWeJ.jpg

My Buckaroo Model, our second most popular knife. This one has Mammoth Ivory for the handle.

hXAoQpc.jpg

This pic is for Strig since he hasn't converted to damascus yet. This is my Cowboy model. Same as the Buckaroo except 1095 steel. This one has camel bone for the handle.

The Cowboy and its tooled Pancake sheath.

hK5z5wa.jpg

Ack! I love the chefs knife (I'll take mine in aeb-l please :p ). :)

I don't believe I know a single full time knife maker that takes time off. I admire that. On the other hand I work 70 hour weeks at the plant so there's that. I always tell my kids that I don't care what they do as long as they're happy doing it.

Calling you talented is an understatement .
Those knives and sheaths are "off the scale " good .
What Damascus steel are you using ?

Ken

Thank-you sir. I aprreciate that. I've used Alabama Damascus for years. It sometimes gets a bad rap for having some bad welds but that really hasn't been my experience. I mean I'll get a billet and there might be a little blemish or spot here and there but its like leather, you just cut around it. Peter's does all my HT and so the damascus runs right at 58-60 RC in a finished knife. They are cutting sons of a gun for sure. You know on that tooled pancake I forgot to give Nichole credit there, she did the carving on that one.

A real looker they be too !! very handy shape and size on that one there, thanks for the extra pics!
G2

Thank-you Chris. This was the batch I was working on when you called.

Got er done. That batch I was wanting to get done by the 15th happened. Made it. Actually sold 10 yesterday and so they've shipped already, they are not pictured. Sold 6 today and they and their sheaths are still picture as they havn't shipped yet. Do have 7 more sheaths to make and there is seven there on the table that need to be wet molded to their respective knife. Wow now I can breathe for sure. I'm at least thinking about Cancun!

32bsBdo.jpg

XU5nw3l.jpg

Back