Brewer Explorer Survival Knife?

I am reading a book ("Wild" edited by Clint Willis) and there is description of Brewer Explorer Survival Knife:
"6 1/4 inch stainless steel blade, Rockwell Hardness 56-58, 2 3/4 inch saw extending from the handle towards the point, on the left a 180-degree clinometer for calculating height of mountains, on teh right instrucitons for five ground-to-air signals and 6 cm ruler. Has small hole in the middle of the blade for sighting (use as signalling reflector) which also converts the knife and sheath into wire cutrer. Hollow handle with compass, 6 fish hooks, monofilament nylon fishing line, 2 lead sinkers, 1 float, an exacto blade, 2 seweing needles, 2 matches, flint stick and a suture needle with suture material attached. Made by Marto of Toledo and imported into the US by Gutman as $150."
Do you know this knife? Just interesting to see...

P.S. : found one on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/Marto-Brewer-Ex...ryZ43325QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
What is so special about this knife?

Yes! Complete with Morse Code on plastic tube holding survival supplies. $39 at last gun show that I attended. The guy had piles of them. The blade was pretty thin - maybe 1/8". Not real impressive gear.

"Toledo" That's funny. Ohio has Lima, Medina, London, Moscow, etc. - not to mention Poland.

I have one marked
I am reading a book ("Wild" edited by Clint Willis) and there is description of Brewer Explorer Survival Knife:
"6 1/4 inch stainless steel blade, Rockwell Hardness 56-58, 2 3/4 inch saw extending from the handle towards the point, on the left a 180-degree clinometer for calculating height of mountains, on teh right instrucitons for five ground-to-air signals and 6 cm ruler. Has small hole in the middle of the blade for sighting (use as signalling reflector) which also converts the knife and sheath into wire cutrer. Hollow handle with compass, 6 fish hooks, monofilament nylon fishing line, 2 lead sinkers, 1 float, an exacto blade, 2 seweing needles, 2 matches, flint stick and a suture needle with suture material attached. Made by Marto of Toledo and imported into the US by Gutman as $150."
Do you know this knife? Just interesting to see...

P.S. : found one on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/Marto-Brewer-Ex...ryZ43325QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
What is so special about this knife?
I have one of these. Mine is marked MARTO BREWER pat pend EE 9519. Some are marked Marto Spain. There are a few different versions of this knife. I know this is an older post but thought I'd ad.
Some of these were actually used by the Spanish army. The newer ones made by toledo might be cheap but the one I have isn't. Well made . And some of these sell now for hundreds of dollars .

Back