Bring out your SHBM! Bring out your SHBM!

Since we have two threads running to discuss the old school SHBM, I thought we should start a pic thread for others to show off their own.

This one started life with Cobalt,and he hand stripped and sanded it. I notice that the leading edge of the scales are close to perpendicular to the ricasso, where the older (?) ones have a slope at that point. It's in the attic right now, so I can't tell you the thickness.

Cobalt once told me that he had thrown this knife thousands of times, so it gets the occasional toss, for old times sake.

OK, post up your SHBM pics!

I remember that bad boy:

That one was similar build to a 300 but no clip. Thickness was around 0.26

here it is

Great clip, the sounds of a chunk of infi piercing wood, priceless.

Last edited:
LOVE the bare metal look!
I guess removing the coating on mine wouldn't be such a bad thing since it's a user.... Would it?

That's a sweet blade in the OP!

The 1/300 SHBM is my absolute favourite Busse design.
I got this one from a fellow Hog!! Thank you very much!! He also said he wanted it back if I ever sold but this knife will NEVER leave me by choice.
I carry it in a left hand Armoralleather baldric rig. :cool:

BF24D7F0-982A-48BB-BDC7-858717008E95.jpg

The 1/300 SHBM is my absolute favourite Busse design.
I got this one from a fellow Hog!! Thank you very much!! He also said he wanted it back if I ever sold but this knife will NEVER leave me by choice.
I carry it in a left hand Armoralleather baldric rig. :cool:

BF24D7F0-982A-48BB-BDC7-858717008E95.jpg

That sheath is awesome

Hi guys, my name is Tony, and I'm an SHBM addict.

Top to bottom: 1/6 SHBM, the Bottle Opener SHBM (the only one with tan handles, with mods done by Jerry himself), snakeskin Jungle Assault SHBM

I'll put more pics of a few of my others up when my photographer finishes his First Aid course ;)

Then there is this hefty lady, one of a set of three that Cobalt had Jerry make him from some fatty blanks. Funny how so many SHBM sightings lead back to Cobalt.

Funny how so many SHBM sightings lead back to Cobalt.

Right you are.....^^^......Which is good and glad to see him back posting....:thumbup:

I think he owned all of them at one point, didn't he? :p

Pretty much, Dennis is single handily responsible for spreading the word of the SHBM.

Pretty much, Dennis is single handily responsible for spreading the word of the SHBM.

I try to stay away. But I am bed ridden right now and got nothin better to do. Bladerunner7, I am pretty sure that second one was mine. Tyrade, the top two were mine at one time. Guy, that is a special blade as it is one of the original LE blanks. But you know that.

some more pics to add to this thread of some of what I had.

modified018.jpg

first6.jpg

115_1599.jpg

reducedhandleSHBM.jpg

nd then a fully sharpened spine SHBM
gt2010.jpg

:eek: WOW Cobalt!! That birds head in the middle of the second pic if my favorite

Great thread idea resinguy :thumbup:

Back