Bring out your SHBM! Bring out your SHBM!

It sure is. Looks well used, which makes it even more attractive. I like the other user to...

Those are very nice. I love this thread!! Heres is my 1/6 along with its shinier brothers. 1/300 and "camo LE " So where are the other 1/6's? We know where 3 are.
a3935981b532db1615bb4b83f876168b.jpg

Well, I can tell you that there is more than 6. I have had 3go through my hands and i know of othwrs that had one or two. The real number is probably closer more than double that. Maybe more. There is also a version with the sharpened swedge. I have only seen 2.

What years did they make the 62rc battle mistresses. How many different types of handle material did they use grooves no grooves. Can you tell a real difference between them sharpening or edge retention during use. I am googling this atm but figured I would ask. Thank you in advance

All original SHBM's were between 60 and 62 rc with the exception of the wasp which I think was 65, but who knows. Anyway, all the original run SHBM's have the same basic design. Everything you see pictured in this thread is such. But here is a sampling

geUGO03.jpg

Yes. Those blanks had alredy been ht'd. They were warranty blanks, when jerry thought he needed them. But they did cut the birds beak in them with the cnc water cooling.

Here's my new 1 of 6.

30434893144_ffd1d00ece_b.jpg
Those are some great knives. Looking at the one with the swedge, the top part of the swedge looks flat in this photo. If it is flat, it is my understanding that this would be a 1/300 (I believe the 1/6 is rounded on top of the swedge, more like a false edge). Sometimes finer details like this are hard to discern from photos.

There is a better pic showing it more narrow. Definitely not the typical 300 grind

All original SHBM's were between 60 and 62 rc with the exception of the wasp which I think was 65, but who knows. Anyway, all the original run SHBM's have the same basic design. Everything you see pictured in this thread is such. But here is a sampling

geUGO03.jpg

Cobalt, or anyone else . .

How do you tell between a 1of3, 1of6, ore 1of300? I looked around and can not find a definitive treatise as to how to tell the differences.

Thanks in advance!

I am not at my pc, on my phone so no pics. But the 300 swedge is flat and wide on top. The 6 is narrow and looks rounded. Then there is the shatpened swedge. And there was also the 10th mtn swedge.The 10th mtn swrdge went 2/3 down the blade.

Oh, the 1 of 3 was not a swedge but 3 SHBM blanks that jerry had in his bin for warranty purposes. He finished those for me. Those were thick

That is a beauty, beautiful collection you have. I wish the Custom Shop was still open and had blanks (more blanks)!

Back