Bring out your SHBM! Bring out your SHBM!

Cobalt, or anyone else . .

How do you tell between a 1of3, 1of6, ore 1of300? I looked around and can not find a definitive treatise as to how to tell the differences.

Thanks in advance!

Here is some help.

Top to bottom, this is what they have been called, but the actual numbers are questionable. I've seen at least 8 of the 1 of 6's.

1 of 6
1 of 300
Standard

tip-variations2.jpg

(credit to whomever this pic belongs to. I copied it at some point in the past)

And here is the 10th mtn swedge
3kG0JDT.jpg

Then there is this swedge which is similar
7XcOwr2.jpg

And this one
eTiiZdg.jpg

Thanks guys for the education! Now I have ot go look, but I think I have a 1 of 300 in the safe :>) !

Thanks guys for the education! Now I have ot go look, but I think I have a 1 of 300 in the safe :>) !

If you have a swedge, chances are it is a 1/300. The others were much more rare. Even as rare as the 300's are.

Don't call it the LE swedge. That swedge came on many SHBM's. And many LE's did not come with it. It is the most shallow swedge of all.

Don't call it the LE swedge. That swedge came on many SHBM's. And many LE's did not come with it. It is the most shallow swedge of all.

Interesting. I have not seen many SHBM LE's, so some came with out the swedge grind. Good to know.

This is the stuff of legend!!!

SHBM + HACK = mind effin blown

Bases...ALL COVERED!!!

That HACK <at least one like it ;)> is on my bucket list...thanks for posting HOGS!!! Made my Thursday, no shit :thumbsup:

Motivated to get mine posted up this weekend when I've got some good light. :cool:

The victim...
Dogwood deadfall, about 4" diameter...seasoned, and salty
rXUJE3t.jpg

The partners in crime...
BattleSaw + 1/300 BM
FozDcoz.jpg

crimescene photos...
4 chops from the BM...
CmgS0Ov.jpg

a well-controlled "easy" chop in the crotchwood buries INFI well...
igpsw4w.jpg

BatttleSaw saying "CHEEEESE!"...
4A5fsbN.jpg

Now, she's doin what BattleSaws do...burying her teeth...
pekFdAh.jpg

wound channel pics...
UIF7Z3G.jpg

PWaS1Ow.jpg

another day in the sun :cool: ...
d9ZEzNU.jpg

all buttoned up...
BQhVmXC.jpg

Last edited:
I had a stripped battle saw before. In all honesty, I have no idea why I don't still have it. :confused:

I had a stripped battle saw before. In all honesty, I have no idea why I don't still have it. :confused:

Battle Saw is pure Busse to me...

That was my most enjoyable strip job, also.

Still need to refine the finish a bit-- there's a little residual decarb in some of the dimples.

But no difficult spots at all...my dentist takes longer to clean my teeth :eek: than it took me to clean the BS's with my dremel & scotchbrite bonnets.

I'll be buried with this one unless I go bankrupt...she's sweeeeeet.

Is that a Mashed Cat taco for your Mistress in the post above? It's super nice...love the thumb roll. :thumbsup:

Hey when you can, post a pic of the top of the swedge

Last edited:
I will get a pick up later. It looked slighter longer than my other one of 300's but the same thickness.

Back