Britain Planning To Outlaw All Knives

Even Roman slaves were allowed to carry knives, while a centurion might have at his disposal a sword. British subjects are less than slaves? Banning knives while the police rapid response units carry full auto is as inexplicable as the gold:silver ratio after fiat money. If we don't find another planet to colonize soon, humanity is doomed to extinction.

Even if mankind colonized another planet, it wouldn't take long at all for the exact same BS to start right up again. The problem is not this planet, it's the fools on it who legislate such stupid laws, and the people who are happy to give up their freedoms to feel safe. Those types of people will be the same no matter what planet or solar system they're in. There'll always be people who want to lord it over others, and those who will voluntarily comply without question. It's human nature in a high percentage of the human population. It's also human nature for criminals to be more resourceful than the average person, so they will always have weapons regardless of whatever bans are put into effect.

Now, whether the UK is actually going to do that or not, it still has very serious implications. Who's to say people right here in the States won't get it in their heads to do something similar?

Maybe someday, somebody will propose a ban on making one's hand into a fist, as that can be used to punch somebody. Maybe people should walk around with their arms tied. But that would leave their legs/feet free. Wouldn't want them to be able to potentially kick someone. Especially with those evil shoes on their feet.

Jim

Last edited:
All I remember from Sociology 101: There's no such thing as human nature.
Humans, as any distinct biological population, can't and don't live in a vacuum(or a Petri dish).

But humans have tendencies. That is undeniable. That's why so many unrelated people in so many diverse places tend to fall into the same or similar patterns of behavior. Of course, there are always those who don't just blindly follow along, but that also happens in every human population as well.

To keep this post related to knife laws, at best the majority don't really care enough about the right to carry a knife, even if they aren't necessarily anti-knife. If it were a proposed anti-beer legislation, they would be all up in arms and it would never pass today, or be very quickly repealed.

Jim

Our problem in the US is that prosecutors are rewarded for the success and severity of convictions. Fair and just don't enter the equation, then the media sells itself exclusively by manipulating emotional awareness. One fact is that nearly 70% of property crimes occur because of laws restricting the supply of Narcotics, driving prices exponentially upwards. Demand is a condition of the market, call it a human tendency. Policing vice--which is a moral defect(drug use, gambling, prostitution) when only the user is harmed--turns the user into a criminal; first by legal definition, then in actual fact when he harms someone in order to pay for his vice. By contrast liquor is cheap enough even alcoholics can get drunk on spare change? Long ago a majority of households in Europe and the US contained laudanum and some cocaine containing "syrup cure." Now Politicians and the media are whipping up hysteria by demonizing doctors treating pain, which they wouldn't have to do if people could help themselves, as they used to do. The more rights are restricted the more they are despised by some, while others despise the laws and the systems by which they are enforced. The more authority the government has over its people the more corrupted it becomes. Firearms are more regulated than ever at the Federal level, it follows that knives are the next tools we will lose the "right" ("unalienable") to carry!

Others than the user are harmed, even where narcotics are legalized. Visiting your brain-dead - or totally dead- child is harmful. Having a spouse who does not do his/her part to support the family is harmful.

Narcotics prices have steadily declined ( and quality increased) as the War on Drugs fails miserably and supply rises. The "War" goes on due to politics, and voter ignorance and indifference, and the profits to be made in the prison industry.

Property crimes are the result of criminals. "My need trumps your right to property - and even life."

Narcotics have physical effects other than decreasing pain. At the extreme, people die. #1 accidental cause of death in the U.S.

Firearms are not more regulated than ever at the federal level. We are at a twenty-three-year low in federal regulation of firearms.

Ok, back when narcotics were first regulated then banned every doctor and medical expert they consulted advised against doing so. When heroin was sold in pharmacies without a prescription for 2 cents per dose, no one was able to find a single case of accidental overdose, despite being ordered to do so to defend the legislation. So, you can thank big government for your brain dead child! Hysteria based on misinformation has no place in politics, whereas greed, well, "greed works." Milton Friedman, who predicted collapse of USSR due to its meddling economic policies, predicted the same with regard to the "war on drugs." On your last point I will concede.
Shoot, I just realized this wasn't political forum, 'poligies!

Last edited:
Maybe they should reconsider other policies, like the unofficial decision 20+ years ago to become the toilet of western society by openly welcoming much of the third world's filth.
We all know what and who I'm talking about.

Banning knives, yea that will solve all the problems :rolleyes:

I registered at a British "only" forum. I politely asked the Brits there whether they agree with their knife ban. They said the knife ban obliterated crime, reduced it to under 2%, and UK was the safest place to live. They then banned me off the forum.

article-1196941-05900DF7000005DC-677_468x636.jpg

Seriously? A two year old thread was the best choice for bringing this up? You couldn't have used the other thread relating to the London mayor, which was right on the front page of the knife laws topic?

I registered at a British "only" forum. I politely asked the Brits there whether they agree with their knife ban. They said the knife ban obliterated crime, reduced it to under 2%, and UK was the safest place to live. They then banned me off the forum.

article-1196941-05900DF7000005DC-677_468x636.jpg

Was this a British “knife” forum? Sorry if that sounds like a stupid question. Lol

Seriously? A two year old thread was the best choice for bringing this up? You couldn't have used the other thread relating to the London mayor, which was right on the front page of the knife laws topic?

I was browsing in Google, and saw this post. I'm not a member of the forum, as you can clearly see. I do carry knives, a lot of them. I just don't like forums. Just sharing this info for the next people that're gonna stumble upon it.

Was this a British “knife” forum? Sorry if that sounds like a stupid question. Lol

Yes, sir. It was in the British Blades forum, which is now banned/down/offline. They are clearing the opposition, as we can see. Cheers.

Reactions: HJK
I was browsing in Google, and saw this post. I'm not a member of the forum, as you can clearly see. I do carry knives, a lot of them. I just don't like forums. Just sharing this info for the next people that're gonna stumble upon it.

Yes, sir. It was in the British Blades forum, which is now banned/down/offline. They are clearing the opposition, as we can see. Cheers.
You'd probably like this forum. Good folks and good knives here :)

You'd probably like this forum. Good folks and good knives here :)
Nothing personal, just something about me and forums don't get along. I don't use much social media either. Just for work.
Still I follow the knife questions around Europe and the World closely, I sign petitions... I like guns too.

I had a large variety of knives a few years ago, ZT 0100 (CPM-3V), Busse Team Gemini, Swamp Rat Ratmandu, a ton of Benchmades, Spydercos, etc. Had to sell a few of them and I now only have a few Cold Steels with the new BD1 and XHP steels. With Cold Steel the good thing is the Tri-Ad Lock makes it basically a fix blade, and I needed something versatile. That's fundamentally my story. Knives was also my occupation back in the day.

From my resume above you can now understand why I think there's something wrong with the British. They're not right in the cranium.

There are quite a few Brit members here. Are they not right? Is there something wrong with them?

Then, did the UK actually move forward with banning all knives?
I'm somewhat incredulous that someone would ban something as innocuous as SAKs and simple slipjoint and friction knives.

EDIT: In this day and age and, in light of this topic, I thought that Benjamin Franklin's quote was worth remembering: "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Last edited:
Then, did the UK actually move forward with banning all knives?
I'm somewhat incredulous that someone would ban something as innocuous as SAKs and simple slipjoint and friction knives.

EDIT: In this day and age and, in light of this topic, I thought that Benjamin Franklin's quote was worth remembering: "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

To the best of my knowledge ,the proposal is to ban delivery to a residential address,not a total knife ban.

Back