• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Broke my grandfathers knife, need someone to swap bar springs.

So basically i was cleaning up my grandfathers knife that he carried throughout his military career and through Vietnam. 10 minutes with me and I managed to break the springs in it:(. My grandfather raised me so this knife is very important to me now thats he's passed. i purchased another camillus U.S. issue knife off ebay already. I tried to swap the springs out from the donor knife but i cannot get the pin holding the springs out. Im worried about messing it up so id like to send it off the knives to someone more skilled than me. I think all it needs is to have the spring bars removed from the donor knife, put into my grandfathers knife and be re peened. id also like to have it sharpened while its being worked on. I hope this is the right place to post this. Thank you for your time. Ill add a picture of the broken knife at the bottom so you are able to see what im talking about.
Nate
ByXe9MK.jpg

Back