Broke my press

Kiah

Pit Bull Appreciation Society
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Thought I'd share.

I've got several presses, but had one that I used more than the rest for various reasons. Well, I ended up snapping the bolt on it that applied the pressure. Instead of fixing it, I thought I'd just design a new press since I'd been wanting to for a while now. So, I did.

The new press is freaking amazing. While my sheaths aren't exactly known for lack of detail, I've never got forms before like I'm getting now. The old presses were sized and needed new foam for every press to hold tolerances. The new press is modular and and can do 12 knives or 2 swords/machetes at a time, use the most worn out foam I've got and still pick up the detail of a stray hair, and is pretty much indestructible. I've nicknamed it "The Honey Badger", cause it just don't give a shit.

On a side note, I fiddled with my sewing machine and finally got it set up to reliably sew thick webbing, so no more awl for me and I can finally get some new attachment options out there without 'em looking like they were sewn by a drunk monkey and taking me an hour to make. :thumbup:

Whenever one of my employees came to me with a problem, I would ask them what they proposed to do about it. Telling me they had fixed it got them extra points. :)

I'm glad you got the job done! :D
(Have fun with the new toy.)

Had a bit too much fun with it testing it out. Apparently rubber handled knives will still have to go in one of the old presses. I've got a unique slim handled Mora 911 now though. :foot: :p

Ha! Sell it as a "rare" and make a killing! :p

Congrats on the new press (and teaching the sewing machine new tricks) :thumbup:

I'll duracoat the blade, hang a skull bead off the end and call it the Concealable Tactical Mora Killing System. I'll make a mint.

Whenever one of my employees came to me with a problem, I would ask them what they proposed to do about it. Telling me they had fixed it got them extra points. :)

I'm glad you got the job done! :D
(Have fun with the new toy.)

My old boss gave me some good advice once. He said very plainly "don't bring ever bring a customer a problem without a solution". I have since seen a more universal logic in that, and expanded my use of it.

Back