Broken omega springs

I usually carry a ZT, so I haven't worried too much about the springs in my Benchmade breaking since I carry them a lot less.
I don't carry Benchmade very often myself. The mini grip gets carried the most and I have a 710 in the box that's actually never been carried .

Oh well , it's an easy fix. Who needs them , right ? :)
Yeah making your own really is a great fix. A pair of pliers and some memory wire that you can buy for extremely cheap will take care of dozens of knives over the years.

Just an FYI, the tail tab ends on the ones I recently purchased on the Bay were too short to stay in the liner hole reliably, at least on my old Presidio 5000 auto that I decided needed a tune up out of tinkering curiosity. As soon as I had everything juuuuust about buttoned up, the new omega spring on the side buried under all the precariously tensioned mechanics would slip out… every.effin.time, which then required a complete takedown and restart. After about six tries and much cursing, I put the originals back in without trouble. I might try the Pacific and Sons down the road… when I’m ready to give myself another completely unnecessary headache.

ETA: The Bay no-names fit “ok” with some tweaking in my 710, but I have some Pacific Sons on order to compare.

Last edited:
Back