Brown G10 Stretch 2

Apologies if this is common knowledge but is there an ETA for a lightweight version of the Stretch 2 in VG-10?
Preferably partially serrated.
I just gave my Stretch 1 in the same configuration away (again). :rolleyes: Easily the handiest Spyderco I've ever owned.

Apologies if this is common knowledge but is there an ETA for a lightweight version of the Stretch 2 in VG-10?
Preferably partially serrated.
I just gave my Stretch 1 in the same configuration away (again). :rolleyes: Easily the handiest Spyderco I've ever owned.
I remember the investment in molds for the new handle will be contingent upon feedback on this G10 model. That explains some of the higher cost. This is almost a proto run to get a feel for the subtle changes.

Got my FRN ZDP model today...is up and down and side to side play to be expected? I tightened the pivot and reduced the side to side a lot but can't touch the up and down...Decided to spend the $110 on the FRN to see if I like ZDP instead of going for the G10 and payiny twice that, plus I like the green color.

I remember the investment in molds for the new handle will be contingent upon feedback on this G10 model. That explains some of the higher cost. This is almost a proto run to get a feel for the subtle changes.
That is my recollection as well. Same as when the CF/ZDP-189 version served as the "test bed" for the changes between the original SS with Kraton inlays version and the current FRN versions.

As with some other models, there's a disconnect between model names, generations, and versions. Spyderco may be calling this new one the "Stretch 2" but it's also the 3rd generation and 4th version of the Stretch.

Got my FRN ZDP model today...is up and down and side to side play to be expected? I tightened the pivot and reduced the side to side a lot but can't touch the up and down...Decided to spend the $110 on the FRN to see if I like ZDP instead of going for the G10 and payiny twice that, plus I like the green color.
In my experience, a slight amount of vertical blade play, normally only noticeable when you press down while cutting, is common on Spyderco midlocks. Some individual specimens of most models will have it, some will not. Side to side play when the blade is fully open is not something to be expected.

As for me, my first brown G-10 Stretch 2 is now out to Steve Ketchen for beautification. :)

That is my recollection as well. Same as when the CF/ZDP-189 version served as the "test bed" for the changes between the original SS with Kraton inlays version and the current FRN versions.

As for me, my first brown G-10 Stretch 2 is now out to Steve Ketchen for beautification. :)

Thanks for the replies. I don't know why but I'm really looking forward to this model in lightweight VG-10...

Also looking forward to seeing Steve's work on your Stretch Deacon. :thumbup:

I fingered a G10 Stretch this past weekend, and it was fantastic. But I'm sure it would rust in MY pocket. I need to wait for VG-10 or something else.

Sadly, I'm going to have to return my ZDP BRG model, I can only get the side to side play out when the pivot is tightened so much that it is no longer flickable, which I won't accept. The up and down I cannot reduce at all unfortunately. I really like the knife overall design wise just disappointed that I seem to have gotten one that wasn't the best fitted...I will probably buy another one soon, not sure which model, I'm thinking I may go with the regular VG-10 model since I know the steel so well and like it and it's a lot easier to sharpen.

Black palm scales with "Anso" style texturing. Don't have the knife back yet, but the scales are done and Steve has already posted photos of it in his Custom Shop thread and I think they look fantastic. :D:D:D

Did this ever come in? I adore the stretch and would love to see it spruced up.

Also, how is everyone liking this in the wild? I went a little crazy in it and picked up too many. I think it's worth the squeeze.

Did this ever come in? I adore the stretch and would love to see it spruced up.

Also, how is everyone liking this in the wild? I went a little crazy in it and picked up too many. I think it's worth the squeeze.
Sure did...

SKETCHENSCALES%20Black%20Palm%20Stretch%20Closed%20Left.JPG

SKETCHENSCALES%20Black%20Palm%20Stretch%20Closed%20Right.JPG

...as for liking it, opening the Stretch 2 still feels a bit odd, compared to the older ones, but it's an excellent knife.

i'm vary happy with the two FRN/VG-10 stretch's i own,but there black! i was looking for another stretch in G-10!but really don't like the brown on this model,now if they made it in black G-10 i would be all over it,even at this price!but yes the stretch is a vary popular and practical knife,and one i have come to love,i'll just save till the right color comes around!hopefully soon..

I don't think I have ever seen black palm wood for knives before, but it looks great! Nice selection Deacon.

Finally picked up one of these, even though I was pretty hesitant. ZDP is not my favorite for a work knife (chippy in my experience), and had concerns about quality after going through 3 Kiwi 4's before I got a good one. I couldn't be happier with this knife so far. The action is tight and smooth, no quality issues, and it feels great in hand. The steel seemed to sharpen easier than my other ZDP knives, so maybe it's not so hard and chippy? I'll use it at work for a few weeks and see how it holds up. Love it so far!

Back