Bruder tool co.

punk909

Platinum Member
I Found a new company crafting bushcraft and big camp knives. I’m now two knives in from him and the quality is respectable. The packages I chose shipped with a hand made leather dangler and matching Ferro rod. Everything was sealed up in a wooden crate I had to pry open. Nice touch I thought. Check them out www.brudertool.com

upload_2020-2-13_20-43-37.jpeg
upload_2020-2-13_20-44-43.jpeg
upload_2020-2-13_20-45-46.jpeg
upload_2020-2-13_20-46-58.jpeg

I Found a new company crafting bushcraft and big camp knives. I’m now two knives in from him and the quality is respectable. The packages I chose shipped with a hand made leather dangler and matching Ferro rod. Everything was sealed up in a wooden crate I had to pry open. Nice touch I thought. Check them out www.brudertool.com

View attachment 1283303
View attachment 1283304
View attachment 1283305
View attachment 1283308
Just received a Skinner. It feels great in hand with a nice heft. Thanks for making me aware of this Craftsman (Some Busse/SR thread me thinks). Impressed and very pleased.

Last edited:
Don’t have a skinner yet but it’s on the short list. Post a pic if you don’t mind.

Don’t have a skinner yet but it’s on the short list. Post a pic if you don’t mind.
Need to sort out my camera but will try to do so in the next few days. I have the Tamarind handle one (Same one as the pics on brudertool.com). Love the grain on it. I must admit I am an amateur at knife collecting and have never skinned anything but fish :). This little guy it such a pleasure to handle that I have moved up learning how to on my bucket list. I also purchased the Orange/Yellow Burl Alger. I get lost looking at the beautiful swirls of the grain (Wood pins/lanyard awesome touch). Will try to post close ups soon. It is my first Scandi grind knife. Spent a couple hours whittling by the fireplace. Was not gentle at all with it. Took a close look at it this morning and saw zero edge deformation. Ran it across a strop a bit and it is well...better. I am just learning how to sharpen/strop beyond a belt sander. Came with a wicked sharp edge though. Is it safe to say Scandi grinds are like having a giant chisel (Again first Scandi)? This ones spine is pretty thick. I just notice it seems to behave very differently than my other knives.
Side note:
I used it to cut an onion for dinner and it developed a very cool mostly bluish patina (80CRV2) which did rub off a bit with stropping. Look forward to seeing what other colors emerge. Looks awesome in contrast with the orange/yellow handle. Any thoughts on using anything on the handle to get the colors to pop even more? I tried a bit on linseed oil on the corner and didn't note much of a difference. Curious about taking a buffing wheel to it.

Sorry, I'm not going to get around to posting pics. Don't have any photo sharing accounts and such.
Speaking of great deals, picked up a Pelican kayak from Costco for $299 a few days ago.

Comes with a decent paddle. I am no expert on boats but the value is there for me.
Excited to try it out on some lakes.

Back