1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Brut de forge finished

Discussion in 'Shop Talk - BladeSmith Questions and Answers' started by Raymond Richard, Feb 27, 2008.

1. Raymond Richard

Raymond Richard

Jun 17, 2001
    Here's a photo of the finished knife out of the old Nash/Metro leaf spring. Wrought iron and curly maple make up the rest. Blade is 8 3/4", overall its 14". At first I wasn't going to grind the spine but since I put my mark there I went ahead and ground it. While I was in the process of doing that I noticed a little bit of a clip so I enhanced that more and ended up grinding a false edge. Not quite what I had in mind from the start but thats how I do most my knives anyway.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. AcridSaint

AcridSaint

Jun 23, 2006
    Looks great Ray.

3. happycat

happycat

Jun 21, 1999
    Beautiful work! You have a distinctive style. I love the way your lines flow. You are an inspiration as usual. Thanks for sharing.
    Ed

4. shillo

shillo

Feb 14, 2008
    Great job again. Love your knives!

5. bennett

bennett

Sep 22, 2005
    I always enjoy looking at your knives - this one is no exception. Nice work!