BT3.5 in S7

Ban

This is a slight variation of the Choilless BT4 with a wider 3.5" blade. It is made of .270 thick S7. Full flat grind with distal taper that transitions into a zero convex edge. Handles are black canvas micarta.

6603887957_3ffa93ff3c_b.jpg

For anyone interested.... I just put this one up on the exchange.
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/912018-BT3-5-in-S7?p=10335868#post10335868

Very interesting! I was going to say "I hope I get to check this one out in person," but it sold quickly! :thumbup: The wider blade must let you get down to a pretty decent cutting geometry towards the edge despite the .27" thickness. I like the overall shape and agree with ChickenPlucker :thumbup:

Ban a very Happy New Year to you and Michele.......I hope 2012 is a fantastic year for you and I look very forward to seeing you in Atlanta in June.:)

Ban this design is a winner!
I would love one in 3mm M390, CPM154 or AEB-L with a heavily lightened and tapered tang with a super thin convex edge around 61-63RC. With carbon fibre scales it would be the ultimate super-light EDC utility slicer!
Can I put my order in?:p

Last edited:
This design in thin k294 microclean steel would be close to a perfect skinner. :thumbup:

What a beautiful knife Ban. Your craftsmanship keeps getting better and better.

wouldn't M390 be a better pick for edge retention over S7 which is more or less used for choppers? S7 from what i've read doesn't have great edge ability but plenty of toughness.

M390 would be awesome in this configuration. It is expensive stuff. S7 is ultra tough and great for beating the snot out of.....

Back